Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | MFJ-1263 Microphone/Radio Switch Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-1263 Microphone/Radio Switch
MFJ-1263 Microphone/Radio Switch Reviews: 15 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $99
Description: Switches two mics or mic/headset between two radios. Lets you mix and match any combo. Takes common PTT switch to control both radios. Switches audio between speaker and headphones.

You can write your own review of the MFJ-1263 Microphone/Radio Switch.

KO6SY Rating: 4/5 May 12, 2007 11:00 Send this review to a friend
Great apart from instructions  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The unit works so far as described but if you need to change a mic the instructions are not as intuitive as expected. The best way is to trace out the connection with a meter. A clue: leave the radio jumpers alone and connect using the mic jumpers, descriptions of this are not given in the manual

N1KK Rating: 3/5 Jul 13, 2006 11:25 Send this review to a friend
It does the job  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got this. I was interested in something
that would allow for different mics to work
on different radios. What caught my attention
was the AUX input on the back along with MFJ
stating it could be used to connect to a computer
sound card output. It does do this however MFJ
did not consider a level adjustment control along
with a isolation transformer for audio hum.
What I had to do is remove the internal AUX jumper
for the audio and replace the jumper with a 100K
resistor. That took care of over driving the rigs
mic input.
On FM I do not hear any audio hum showing up
in my transmissions from which the transmit audio
source is my soundcard output. Have not tried
it on SSB. I was disappointed to find the AUX input only works on 1 of the 2 rigs.

A level adjustment for the AUX input along with
isolation transformer would have been a real plus.
I used the Headphone jack to feed the mic in on
my sound card. The headphone jack does have a level control.

Ken
N1KK

W7RJR Rating: 4/5 Oct 19, 2005 14:55 Send this review to a friend
RFI issues  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
No problem configuring this unit to mate up various rigs and microphones. Make sure you research and use the right jumper connections.

I notice some moderate RFI in the transmitted audio when using this unit on certain frequencies. A choke at the input has solved the problem. Also there is a bad connection in the PHONES jack (from the factory) which I have not bothered to fix since I don't use it. The usual QC troubles with MFJ.

Otherwise, it appears to function as advertised.

AD6MI Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2005 12:37 Send this review to a friend
Works fine  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I am using ICOM radios with ICOM Microphones. I found that the cables supplied were not wired "one-for-one" so I set the AR and BR jumpers as follows:
1=3
2=8
3=7
4=N/C*
5=5
6=2
7=4
8=N/C*

*set jumper horizontally on one row

Switch works fine now!!

You should be able to use any 2 microphones with any 2 radios with this Controller...you just need to sit down with your radio manual and determint proper mike/jumper arrangements. It's a great idea!

73 Marc AD6MI

K7JQ Rating: 3/5 Feb 5, 2005 07:31 Send this review to a friend
Works with limitations  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased this to switch a Heil Goldline Pro and Heil Pro-Set Plus iC mic/headset between an Icom 746Pro and 706MkIIG. Works fine when switching the mics (both with 8-pin round adapters)into the 746Pro (8-pin round input), mainly because the internal jumpers are default set for Icom 8-pin round configurations! Trying to set the configuration from 8-pin round to 8-pin modular for the 706MkIIG is another story. Logic would tell you to simply match up the two radio's pin-out numbers, but I've tried everything I could and it doesn't work. There are separate jumper blocks for the common PTT switch and the manual is confusing in its description of configuring for different mics. Can't key up the 706. I have an inquiry pending with MFJ's project engineer on a solution. Also, they only have ONE speaker input to switch between speaker and headphones (with attenuating volume control). You'd think they would have TWO inputs to switch, since there's TWO radios involved, for maximum flexibility. What were they thinking?? Soooo....as of now it functions as their model 1260, which switches two mics between one radio! Other than that, no RFI (with 500 watts), build quality looks good. Will update this review when (and IF) I hear from their project engineer.