Reviews Categories | Ham Work Bench Tools & Test Equipment | MW Instruments ProDeterminator Semiconductor Analyser V40 Help

Reviews Summary for MW Instruments ProDeterminator Semiconductor Analyser V40
MW Instruments ProDeterminator Semiconductor Analyser V40 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $~50 (39.90 euros) + options
Description: Full featured semiconductor analyser, including FET parameters measurement and optocoupler testing. Sold in kit form. See the User Manual for details.
More info: http://www.mwinstruments.com/AS4002/

You can write your own review of the MW Instruments ProDeterminator Semiconductor Analyser V40.

G4APO Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2005 06:33 Send this review to a friend
Kit Review  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Kit was ordered using the website secure link and I received it in the UK 5 days after placing the order. I received an email to say that the Kit had been posted the day following the order.
After performing an inventory of parts and reading the construction manual,(users manual also supplied with the kit)
The Kit took me about 3 hours to complete. The quality of the PCB is excellent. Care has to be taken to ensure that the multi pin connectors are soldered to the board using the right ends of the pins and also to get them perpendicular. this is an easy task if you take your time and read the manual and imagine how the display and main PCB are going to mate together.
The unit worked from switch on with no problems. Initially I thought I had a problem but the contrast pot on the PCB needed adjusting to bring the LCD display into life.
So far the tester has been able to idntify a problem I had with some cheap FETs, MPF102 I bought at a rally a few years ago I had had problems using one as a switch. After testing a few others in the junk box I found that they were OK but had an unusual PIN out. I have used the tester also to confirm that a number of salvaged transistors were OK and also identify their type..
This is going to be a useful kit and am pleased to have it on the workbench.
Would recommend this kit to anyone who is into home brewing I may not use it everyday but very useful to have.
Rowland