Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Morse Code Made Simple - For MAC Computers Help

Reviews Summary for Morse Code Made Simple - For MAC Computers
Morse Code Made Simple - For MAC Computers Reviews: 4 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $19.95
Description: Built to look like much of the radio equipment you already use. Choose between the characters you want to learn, Random streams of code or pre-programmed QSO examples. See the code as it is randomly selected or hide the view to test your memory skills. Watch your code speed increase as you retain the character formats played for you.
Learning styles allow selection of Standard ( Slow Code ), Farnsworth and the ever popular Koch methods of teaching you code practice.
More info: http://www.kc4ffd.com/wsn6065.html

You can write your own review of the Morse Code Made Simple - For MAC Computers.

ARRLBOOSTER Rating: 1/5 Apr 30, 2005 20:20 Send this review to a friend
Not Worth It-yet.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I found the software "clunky" and confusing to use. Lack of good, concise documentation added to my steep learning curve to use this product. Maybe a later version.....

KO3GA Rating: 2/5 Apr 30, 2005 18:01 Send this review to a friend
Couldn't Tell You  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
v 2.2.0:

I downloaded the software, and found that the 'demo' version was so crippled that I was not able to manipulate the controls, let allone figure out if the license fee would be a sound investment.

I can say, however, that this software looks somewhat well put together. As to it's functionality, usability, or feature set: I would not be qualified to present any sort of evaluation. I wasn't even able to read the license agreement, in order to find out if I could get my money back, should I be dissatisfied with the product.

I do feel comfortable saying that the documentation appears to be non-existent, however.

Perhaps I could at least tweak the knobs, or even try out some of my own code strings in the demo version?

Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend wasting your time to download the program.

W2NSF Rating: 0/5 Feb 8, 2005 12:04 Send this review to a friend
Not a place for advertisements, please.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'll have to put a zero here, to counteract the five; then I'll explain:

I believe it is unethical to post an advertisement for one's own product here and then rate it. The product review service of eHam.net is for people who have obtained a product from the market place (paid for, borrowed, etc.) and evaluated it. Then these users give a score and some narrative to back up their evaluations. When used this way, this reviews section becomes an excellent, and hopefully, unbiased measure of product performance. At least that's how it's supposed to work.

This reviews section is NOT intended for advertising purposes, period, and anyone who uses it for that purpose is doing their fellow ham radio operators a great disservice.

This might be a great product, but the seller needs to be aware that there are other places where they can advertise their products.

KC4FFD Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2005 09:50 Send this review to a friend
Very Good software that MAC's have been missing!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've spent a lot of time trying to get a Morse Code tutoring program to build my speed. After some time I purchased a programming language and started on my own version. When I've been away from CW for a while and want to get back in I always use this for a warm-up. I've downloaded every code program for MAC computers I could find and to date I can't find a beter one. If there is one please let me know.
I would like to see a program with CW Audio decoding and tutoring but I haven't yet. I think Black-Cat has a GREAT decoder program but I don't rate the tutoring software near as good.
So this software when registered gets a "5" in my book till you can show me anything better for MAC.
The unregistered demo might be OK for a beginner but all the functions are disabled until entering a registration.