Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | RadioCraft 3000 Pro Help

Reviews Summary for RadioCraft 3000 Pro
RadioCraft 3000 Pro Reviews: 23 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$349.95
Description: 300 and 3000 watt auto-ranging. No need to reach for a switch to change power levels.
ALO (Automatic Lock Out) trip adjustable on either SWR or forward power.
Frequency range: 1.8 to 54 Mhz. The RF Coupler has a flat response throughout its range for accurate calibration.
RF Coupler may be remoted up to six feet or mounted directly on the rear panel of the meter.
True "Peak-Hold" memory with continuous sampling adjustable from 0 to 20 seconds.
Large, easy to read, 3-1/2" wide analog panel meters.
"Ice Blue" electroluminous meter lighting, switch selectable, either on, off, or keyed.
12VDC @ 300ma powered with internal polarity sensing.
Reduced power consumption with meter lighting "off". typically 6 ma idle and 75 ma active. Useful when operating battery emergency power.
Black "Polane-T" (tm) texture finish with ice blue trim and white lettering.
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the RadioCraft 3000 Pro.

N4WRE Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2006 16:57 Send this review to a friend
Best Analog I've Used  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the best meter I have used. If you like an analog meter then look no further. I bought mine used from a friend and love it. The blue meters are beautiful to look at and easy to see.Try one and I am sure you will like it..

K5ZCJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2006 16:50 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding !  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been using a RadioCraft 3000 Pro for about
one year now and found it to be very excellant built gear; quality unit; excellant engineering;
measures swr and power out comparable to Bird 43
meter. The best part is the large meters that you can read without your glasses on. This company has one other asset and that is CJ, W7ZFX
who provides some of the best customer service in
the radio business. Will highly recommend this
meter to anyone.

WG4R Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2006 19:20 Send this review to a friend
Exceptionally well made, professionally built, highly recommend  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had been looking for just the right power out and SWR monitoring system for quite a while. Once I found the Radio Craft 3000 Pro information, I called "CJ" and asked some questions and ordered the dual meter Pro 3000. When I opened the box I saw "professional" written all over the product and the manual. The meter is the best accessory I have in my station. Pro is an understatement. This is a fantastic product. I would highly recommend the 3000 Pro to anyone who wants to know what your station is really doing power-wise. The settings allow you to professionally monitor your station's power out and SWR in whatever way you select. This is an exceptionally well made product. Bill WG4R
Rating: 5/5

W3UTD Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2006 10:49 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I was tired of squinting at small 1.5" cross-needle meters, and wanted something easier on the eyes.

This meter is awesome. It's bright, it's big, it's easy to read and built like a tank.

This one's a keeper.

AD3G Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2006 06:47 Send this review to a friend
GREAT !!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Best meter I ever had since my Nye Viking RFM 003....very accurate,robust build, GREAT customer support,easy to read large meters. I agree...can we rate this a 10 ??!!

W9AC Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2006 06:36 Send this review to a friend
Can we rate this product a 10?  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have assembled an extensive collection of new and classic wattmeters including several models manufactured by Bird, Micromatch, and Array Solutions. The RadioCraft 3000Pro is not only the most useful of all my wattmeters, it is every bit as accurate as the Bird and ArraySolutions PowerMaster models.

The 3000Pro picks up where the Nye Viking models left off. The meters are large, easy to read, and are back-lit with what appears to be a similar lighting style as used on the Drake C line but LEDs are used. The "ice blue" lighting is perfectly even across the display and the user has the option of automatically placing the unit in sleep-mode after a period of inactivity.

The remote directional coupler is of very high quality and it retains a linear power to sample relationship across a wide frequency spectrum.

RFI abatement is excellent and is incorporated within the control unit as well as on the sample line through a massive common-mode choke.

What I like most about the meter is that it gives me a clear, simultaneous indication of power and SWR. The digital meters I own are certainly accurate, but at times it can be difficult to gauge what's happening when the display numbers are constantly changing, even under their sample-hold modes.

The RadioCraft 3000Pro is a solid 10.

AL7FD Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2006 10:56 Send this review to a friend
I finally found the one I need  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have owned 5 previous meters and this one is the ultimate in my opinion. Accurate, bright even lighting on the large meter faces, real Ham radio size and apperance and the price is fair with the quality workmanship and components used. I am taking it to my weekly Ham lunch to show it off.
Well done CJ, a fine and needed product and the packaging for shipping is awesome.

W2ATO Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2005 10:26 Send this review to a friend
As advertised.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
You have to see this meter to really appreciate
it. Large meters that are very easy to read.
Works as advertised and I am very please with the purchase of this unit.

W7RY Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2005 17:46 Send this review to a friend
VERY NICE!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
You have hit on a winner this time CJ!! Very well done! It is a large meter but does it ever look NICE!

As others have written, the manual with YOUR callsign on the cover is a nice touch! Packed very well and shipped fast!

I have excellent hearing and I can hear the oscillator for the meter backlight running. If I put on my headset (which I always to) it is not a problem.

I canít say enough about how the back light looks! So even and sooooo smooth! I think if CJ were to offer those meters for amplifier projects (among others) he would be flooded with inquiries! I sure would love to install a set on my homebrew 3CX800 amplifier! Now how cool would that look??

Keep up the great work CJ!

Jim W7RY

N4DEK Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2005 23:09 Send this review to a friend
Nothing else compares  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My new 3000PRO arrived today and boy what a Gem. This is one Awesome meter. This is not your average $100 watt meter. CJ went for quality and it shows in his product. Top notch all the way, inside and out. By far the nicest watt meter I've ever used. Well worth the price. Thanks CJ for finally bringing a quality watt meter to the market that works as advertised. I love it.