Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Jeff Covelli WA8SAJ Help

Reviews Summary for Jeff Covelli WA8SAJ
Reviews: 73 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: RL Drake repair
More info: http://www.wb4hfn.com/Services/WA8SAJ/SAJ-Repair.htm

You can write your own review of the Jeff Covelli WA8SAJ.

N6BIZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2015 11:26 Send this review to a friend
GREAT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY THATS HASNT BEEN SAID ABOUT JEFFS SERVICES SENT HIM A DEAD TR7 I BOUGHT OFF EBAY NOT KNOWING IT WAS LOADED WITH FILTERS AND THE NOISE BLANKER GOT A GOT IT BACK REAL QUICK ITS PERFECT LOOKS NEW AND YOU CAN TALK TO JEFF OVER THE PHONE AND THAT VERY IMPORTANT TO ME NOW IM LOOKING FOR AN S LINE FOR JEFF TO MAKE PERFECT
THANKS JEFF

W3RXO Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2015 07:29 Send this review to a friend
THE MAN!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just got my radio back, from the third service, done by Jeff. Second for this particular set. He did a great job on it, in 2008, but after sitting for a few years, unused, it developed "issues". I thought that I'd try re-aligning the B-Twins myself. Big mistake!
So, I wound up sending the set back to Jeff. While the cost is never cheap, you pay for what you get. And when you consider that you are getting THE BEST SERVICE AROUND, ANYWHERE, then the price becomes very reasonable. I may have gotten it done by a hack, more cheaply, but I would never have been as happy, as I am with Jeff's work. Those who complain about cost, or work performed that wasn't asked for, forget that they sent their radio to him, TO MAKE IT RIGHT, 100%. And, that's what Jeff does. He makes it 100% RIGHT.
It's why my third experience with Jeff, is as good as my first, because he is consistent. If I ever get another 70's boat anchor, it will go straight to Jeff, to be made right.

KU3S Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2015 13:17 Send this review to a friend
Great Work  Time owned: more than 12 months
Several years ago, Jeff did a derelict R4 and turned it into a screamer of a receiver and subsequently did a T4XB and power supply restore, all excellent and fee that seemed quite reasonable. Love using this 1964 receiver . I have been treated well.

K8SOR Rating: 0/5 Apr 14, 2015 07:10 Send this review to a friend
MORE than wanted  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent my 2B to Jeff for "ALIGNMENT AND TUNE UP"
I told him in a letter that I had replaced the caps, and I had a new 3-wire power cord that I would put on it and that I would clean it when it was working properly.
Well $280.00 later he sent me an email saying it was done----checked out---replaces 3 tubes ( one was the crystal calibrator-" for higher drive"--it worked fine for me, put in new frosted pilot lamps ( the originals worked) New power cord, New main tuning knob, 3/4 amp china fuse---it had a 1 amp in it. Cleaned entire unit---put a new red pin for the dial.
What could I do? he had my radio. Now I have 2B that works swell, but I'll never be able to get my money out of it. DON'T SEND HIM A RADIO UNLESS YOU WANT HIM TO GO WAY OVER BOARD WITH IT.

W8NCZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2015 15:43 Send this review to a friend
excellent service & fees  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I sent my early model tr7 to Jeff because of no tx he replaced some bad parts gave it a through cleaning inside and out replaced the blue lenses and lamps cleaned the pto and replaced the shaft bushing, predriver transistor a bad choke on the predriver board and a complete alignment including a printout of the swept freqs of the crystals. I shipped it to him and in roughly 3 weeks it was back in my shack that was Dec 22 of 2014 it is now 1/22/15 and this radio has been on 24 hrs a day since Dec and works just like it did when it was new. Jeff's service, knowledge and communication is top notch he is the #1 guy to go to for Drake,Collins and any other old gear his fees are reasonable and fair, his service is the best bar none I can not say enough about how good he is

W1QD Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2014 06:14 Send this review to a friend
great repair work  Time owned: more than 12 months
While there are several Drake repair tech's out there, I always have my gear sent to Jeff. Over the years he has repaired my TR-4, TR-4C and upgraded my 2 MS-4 power supplies. He is also is a wealth of information on R.L. Drake gear and always good for advice and turn-around time.

KA9HJZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2014 10:52 Send this review to a friend
Did a very good repair job on my TR-4C  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had forgot to leave Mr. Covelli a rating. Better late than never. Sent him a broken down TR-4C I had bought to be repaired. He did a fine job. Gave me a list of what he did and even gave me the old parts back, He also did the PS Mod that I was to lazy to do. He even cleaned it up. have no complaints with the price in fact it was much cheaper than what Drake would charge when they were in business.

WD8ADG Rating: 1/5 Dec 27, 2013 13:41 Send this review to a friend
Need Deep Pockets  Time owned: months
I too took my rigs Drake B Line. He said rebuild Power supply. He did replaced some tubes and new pilot lights Blue lighting aligned rigs. He was friendly and very expensive, He does great work and if you don't believe me just ask him. He is to expensive and does work that was not requested. Buyer beware..

N3AJB Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2013 01:34 Send this review to a friend
Completely satisfied  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent Jeff a non-functioning TR4C and got back a great radio. Turn around time was fast and charges were reasonable. Recently, I sent him a newly acquired TR7 in good condition for an alignment and general cleaning and he did a great job. In fact, he told me of options in the rig that I wasn't even aware of like extra filters and the AUX board. Jeff's technical abilities are outstanding as a friend of mine recently found out. His non-functioning TR7 was returned good as new when Jeff found some odd ball problem and restored the rig to full operational capability. He too experienced reasonable costs and turn around time. I have complete confidence in Jeff's abilities and honesty.

N4GUV Rating: 1/5 Aug 8, 2013 10:47 Send this review to a friend
Poor service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I made the mistake of allowing Jeff to work on my Drake TR-4 twice. The first time it came back in a different and mismatched case. He refused to make this right. The second time my radio returned with defective parts that were unrelated to the repairs needed. He may be a good Drake technician but he lacks honesty and integrity. I do not recommend doing business with him.