Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Palstar PM2000A Wattmeter Help

Reviews Summary for Palstar PM2000A Wattmeter
Palstar PM2000A Wattmeter Reviews: 33 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $159.95
Description: The PM2000A measures and displays forward power, reflected power, and SWR simultaneously on it's dual movement meter system, in the frequency range 1.8MHz to 60 MHz. Accuracy of the readings is assured because the PM2000A features a true shielded directional coupler. The backlit meter can display either peak or average power readings, and has 300 and 3000 watt range settings. The PM2000A is the next generation of watt meters from Palstar. All of the features of the WM150 are intergrated into the PM2000A, but it can measure up to 2kW, and also has a 2 second PEAK/HOLD capability.
More info: http://www.palstar.com/pm2000a.php

You can write your own review of the Palstar PM2000A Wattmeter.

PY7DJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2017 16:24 Send this review to a friend
Perfect reading after calibrate  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The fist think i make is: compare to bird and i find error only in scale of FWD power and im make a adjust of readings: low and high (also PEP readlings) - in swr/reflected its ok ... no change are made

This is a perfect meter ... dont have difference between 1.5 and 60mhz real power ...

It makes pair of my palstar HF AUTO

N7JPF Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2014 10:50 Send this review to a friend
works fine  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought mine cheap from an auction site. It came with a burned out lamp. I called Palstar and had a new lamp shipped, and easy replacement. The unit has worked flawlessly, and seems to be very accurate. The only complaint, it there is one, I wish the case was a little deeper, so it wouldn't tip backwards with a heavy RG-8 attached.

KB8TL Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2012 04:22 Send this review to a friend
Works perfect  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had mine about a year plus and it does what is expected of it, 100% excellent product.

AB1XG Rating: 0/5 Dec 30, 2011 13:58 Send this review to a friend
DOA After 6 Months!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Worked perfectly for 6 months, then it died. Something inside sizzles when RF is applied, SWR jumps all over the place.

Took it out of line, my SWR problems vanished.

Never put more than 100 watts SSB or RTTY through it, mostly only put 50 watts or less in digital modes.

Be aware!

N7CAL Rating: 1/5 May 8, 2010 16:30 Send this review to a friend
Was good ,,,, NEW!!!!!! then that went away  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I first got this meter I like it. It was simple and it seemed to be ok. accuracy was fine,, and no problems for about ONE year. Then the ,meter started to blank out. It was out of warranty and was going to cost a bunch to fix,, so I had a tech in NM fix it. It worked ok for a while till recently.. now,, its down again.. I realize its only $150.00 but, it's $150.00 that I didnt throw directly into the toilet,, But that is where the $150.00 is now,, POS!

WE1X Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2009 16:49 Send this review to a friend
Quality  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Been using my PM2000A for about a year now. Excellent build quality. Yes, it was a bit out of calibration when I first installed, but some minor adjustments took care of that. One of the better meters I've used in the past and far far better peak reading than most. No regrets. Would purchase again.

Harry WE1X

HI8CJ Rating: 0/5 Nov 10, 2009 08:56 Send this review to a friend
A real garbage!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought this wattmeter from Palstar and came totally out of calibration.

Be aware...stay away of this piece of crap!!

WV4I Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2009 18:07 Send this review to a friend
Works as advertised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
On the 300W scale, this meter virtually agrees with my IC-7000 set at 85W. meter shows bwtween 85 and 90 W. On 3000W scale meter shows 1450W with amp's meter showing 1475, and tuner's meter also just shy of 1500W. These readings are taken into what the meter and radio showed to be a perfect 1:1 match. I think even a Bird 43 is only good to 5% accuracy.

The meter feels well built, but I have had no need to remove the cover, look inside. The lighting is good, and the cross needle scales/pointer show SWR at a glance.

Reads peak and average power, peak-hold function, and these seem to work as intended.

Nice piece of gear.

N2RRA Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2008 07:59 Send this review to a friend
Very Good Meter! Compared to...  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've owned this meter for almost a year now and have to say I'm quite pleased with it.

Comparing it to a Bird 43 Watt meter it seems to be about only 2-3% off from it and can give it a run for its money. You dont have to worry about slugs going bad on this one and you can read peak levels as well as average watt readings.

For the price it's an excellant American made product and will stay in the shack a long time to come.

73!

EI3GRB Rating: 4/5 Nov 12, 2008 07:27 Send this review to a friend
a little improvement needed  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
At first I found the meter difficult to use 'cos of the slow needle reaction. for tuning very high swr ranges on low power I think the addition on a low power setting (30W. range ) would be an advantage. .a slightly larger dial would be a help also

Calibration was well off & needed adjustment,

A good unit but a bit overpriced here in Europe not able to justify a 5 rating