Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Ultralite Jr. from K1JEK Help

Reviews Summary for Ultralite Jr. from K1JEK
Ultralite Jr. from K1JEK Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $89.95
Description: All band wire antenna with ladder line feed line.
see: www.K1JEK.com
More info: http://www.K1JEK.com

You can write your own review of the Ultralite Jr. from K1JEK.

W2PJR Rating: 4/5 Sep 26, 2011 09:27 Send this review to a friend
Better than a G5RV JR  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've owned an Ultralite Jr. since early spring 2011.
First tried it as a flat top with fairly decent results.
Now it's hung as an inverted V and the performance is much improved.
80M ok - 40M thru 10M good. A compromise antenna for sure but does what it's advertised to do. You'll need a quality tuner. I use a Tokyo Hy-Power HC-200 with no problems.
Appears to be well made and has survived several 40 plus mph wind storms and the Pacific NW Rains.
No complaints so far.

K6KAP Rating: 5/5 Aug 19, 2011 12:29 Send this review to a friend
Works Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Cobra Ultralite Jr came down in heavy snowfalls this past winter. The antenna was damaged. To replace it, I bought an expensive 43 foot vertical. I installed it like the manufacturer suggested and installed 33 radials. In the mean time, I was able to repair the Ultralite Jr. I did have it installed as a flat top at 45 Ft each end. After the repair, I reinstalled it as a sloper with one end at 45 Ft and the other at 8 Ft.
In nearly every case, the Ultralite Jr. outperforms the 43 Ft vertical.
Would I recommennd the Ultralite Jr. to a friend? You betcha!

K0UXB Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2011 11:45 Send this review to a friend
Terrific Performance  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been using my Cobra Ultralite for over 6 months and could not be more satisfied with the performance of the antenna or the customer service I have received from Joe. Tall pine tree feel across antenna and broke center connection. I called Joe and received a replacement in the mail 2 days later at no charge. I have been very pleased with this antenna.

W5LXG Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2008 09:10 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My Ultralite Jr.has turned out to the best dipole type antenna I have used in 50 plus years on the air. The performance exceeds my previous 66 ft dipole with ladderline. It is more quiet and easier to tune on all bands 80-6. K1JEK made the purchase a pleasure with prompt attention t e-mails and fast shipment.A real winner here.

W4RIG Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2007 11:36 Send this review to a friend
Fine Antenna for HF  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My Cobra Ultralite Jr. is strung N-S at 65 feet between two large trees just above the roof line of a three story house. The ladder line is attached to a hefty balun just inside the entry window to my radio room on the first floor. RG-8X line from the balun to my antenna tuner then to my Yaesu FT-2000. Performance is so good that I ordered a 2nd Ultralite Jr from K1JEK for portable work with my FT-857 and FT-817.
Hank - W4RIG

W5SQA Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2005 11:57 Send this review to a friend
excellent product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a report on my experiences since putting up the Ultralite Jr. in Nov. 2004.
After extensive use, in contests etc, this is the best dipole antenna I have ever owned. Previous antennas were single band dipoles with a center balun, an all band dipole with traps and a balun, and folded dipoles.After some various installation configurations, I have it 50 ft. high, supported by 100 ft. trees in a densely wooded area. The first 25 ft of ladder line comes straight down, perpendicular to the dipole, enters the attic where I removed all of the kinks and coils. The ladder line runs straight across the attic to the MFJ 948 tuner. This routing of the 100 ft of ladder line proved critical but it is just fine now. It loads great, reflected power down to nearly zero on all bands except 10M and 12M. Don't ned an antenna there anyway.Outstanding performance on 40, 20, 15, 17M with 100W. It is well constructed, light and really works. 73, W5SQA,