Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | TE Systems 1454G 2 Meter Amplifier Help

Reviews Summary for TE Systems 1454G 2 Meter Amplifier
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $473
Description: High Power 350-400 watt 2 meter FM/SSB/CW rf sensing amplifier

You can write your own review of the TE Systems 1454G 2 Meter Amplifier.

VE2DC Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2011 10:42 Send this review to a friend
Good bang for the buck  Time owned: more than 12 months
If you want a bit more reach without springing for a legal limit amp, this will get you half way there for a fraction of the investment. I have the 1454 without the pre-amp since I use a mast mounted pre-amp. I also had to disable the RF sense switching to avoid interfering with my sequencer. Puts out 350W easily and can take the full output of my IC910H without smoking anything but requires about 60-70W of drive for a clean 350W out. I routinely work 500Km with a single yagi and have made tropo QSOs well beyond 1000Km. Great value and solidly built. I ran a weekly net on 2M SSB and it didn't get very warm. Of course it would running 350W on FM, but why would anyone do that ;-)

KI4ECW Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2005 14:58 Send this review to a friend
None Better!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This one is built like a tank - superb quality and craftsmanship. It stays cool under contest conditions and it gets the job done.

I've previously owned Mirage and RF Concepts 2 Meter amps. The TE Systems line of products beat them hands down on quality, reliability, and durability.

If you want the biggest and best mobile 2 meter amp, this is it!

Dennis / K1ECW