Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond NR7900a Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond NR7900a
Diamond NR7900a Reviews: 4 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $90
Description: Mobile 2/70
More info: http://www.rfparts.com/diamond/Product_Catalog/mobile.html

You can write your own review of the Diamond NR7900a.

W5RHR Rating: 3/5 Jan 26, 2014 18:01 Send this review to a friend
great until it broke  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
the antenna was a performer until the fold over mechanism BROKE.. I only tried fold over a few times and broke and made it unusable..
don't fold it over and your golden.

WX9DX Rating: 3/5 May 18, 2008 23:33 Send this review to a friend
Great when it's working!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The fold over section needs cleaned every so offten or the swr goes out of sight! This is easily done if it's on a car. But I own a Truck and it's hard to get to if your semi handicap like I am. So I give this antenna a 6 out of 10 for quality. They would have had a better antenna if they would not have had it fold over.

But when it's working you can say it's a fine antenna. I hit it with 200 watts every day, and it keeps on chugging along. I did send it in one time and they replaced the loading coil. Keep your reciepts!

Jimmy:)

WX9DX Rating: 4/5 Jan 17, 2008 23:55 Send this review to a friend
Keep your reciept!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I called Diamond and they require a reciept to return this antenna for any reason. So be darned sure to keep a copy for a year! Mine failed right off within 2 months of purchase!

W9GDH Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2005 07:36 Send this review to a friend
NEW  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just installed on my truck yesterday. Heavy built. good gain. vswr 1.5:1 or lower on 2/70.
You do need a strong mount. I have a piece of Stainless steel mounted to the truck bed to hold the mount. Just two days of use, but will update as it is used more.