Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | Heil Ergonomic Hand Switch HS2 Help

Reviews Summary for Heil Ergonomic Hand Switch HS2
Heil Ergonomic Hand Switch HS2 Reviews: 39 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $$29.00
Description: Pistol grip type PTT switch compatible with many/most/all Heil microphones
More info: http://www.heilsound.com

You can write your own review of the Heil Ergonomic Hand Switch HS2.

KJ4TQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2013 01:29 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got this to supplement the Heil Travler boom headset for mobiling in my truck. VOX is dodgy at best in a noisy environment so push to talk had to be added. This did the trick and after a couple of years works like it did out of the box.

W6QT Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2013 15:34 Send this review to a friend
Follow-up Review  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I am upgrading a previous review of this product because it deserves a top rating.

The build quality is superb and Bob Heil stands behind all his products.

Customer service is quite excellent.

I have used this switch for hours on end and it feels very comfortable in my hand.

W5JLF Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2013 11:03 Send this review to a friend
Worked great for 5 years  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have almost 1200 contact using the HS2 across a 5 year period and it still works a good as the day I took it out of the box. If and when it dies I will order another.

Joe, W5JLF

TF3JB Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2012 06:17 Send this review to a friend
Works great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my first Heil HS-2 in 2007 and have been very pleased with it. Just to be sure, I bought a new one for back-up last year, but it is still new in the box. For me it is an "easy" grip and comfortable for my size of hand (rather large). It is also light (in weight) and needs only light pressure to key the transmitter, which means that I do not get tired using it. It comes with a special socket for the Heil PR 40 microphone (and supposedly for other Heil microphones as well). I have no issues with this product and recommend it without hesitation.

WA4FOM Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2012 17:04 Send this review to a friend
Mine works. Feels nice in the hand  Time owned: more than 12 months
The summary (as it should) sums it up. Holding
it was not tiring, although in all fairnesss I
listen a lot more than I talk (except during
product reviews).

VK3IDX Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2012 15:57 Send this review to a friend
No issues here  Time owned: more than 12 months
Works perfectly for me, no issues at all.

W7WX Rating: 1/5 Apr 11, 2012 10:05 Send this review to a friend
Poor Quality Switch  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Although I liked the concept and the switch was easy to hold, the switch failed in less than 6 months. What's worse is you have to break the housing on them to replace the horrible quality switch they use. Of course the idea is to sell you a new switch...which I find quite annoying. Although I drilled mine out and fixed it with a much better quality switch, I hated being held hostage to having to buy a new one just to have it look nice. No more Heil for me. While they make decent microphones and cables, I dislike their choice in going cheap on the switch. Especially their pot metal foot switches!

I switched to the DigiPro PTT switch for less money. I'm thrilled with it and it's worked flawlessly! If this product had of held up reasonably well and even been repairable (without trashing the housing), I would have given it a decent rating. But I cannot do that knowing there is something better out there.

N5YCN Rating: 3/5 Feb 10, 2012 06:27 Send this review to a friend
Just Okay  Time owned: more than 12 months
For the price, the HS-2 is okay. The switch is very comfortable to use but I have had my share of trouble with it. After 6 months of use, I had to resolder the black wire to the switch contact. Looked like a cold solder joint. Resoldered the red connection also for good measure. Last night, the switch became very intermittent and would not key the radio unless I squeezed it extremely hard. Took the hand grip apart and something has broken inside the actual switch. Solder joints are still good at least! Poor quality parts used in this switch. The Heil mic and boom are terrific, no complaints there. I would gladly pay more for a rugged version of the same switch, ie, commercial quality parts.

N4KC Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2012 16:05 Send this review to a friend
I must be a lucky son of a gun  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just as I seem to be with all my MFJ accessories, I must be one lucky Heil customer to not have had a moment's trouble with this guy! Despite those who claim this switch is junk...and I'm not doubting them...I've had the HS-2 for five years, used it a heck of a lot, have big hands and tend to be rough with stuff like this (I'm a former disk jockey, the ultimate test for any switch, pot, or headset) and the thing just keeps making and un-making. I don't like to use VOX so all SSB ops, including ragchewing, pile-up haunting, and contest yapping, are done with the HS-2. It does have a strong spring which can cause a little discomfort during a long-winded discourse, but I can unkey, flex my hand, and go right back to talking if it cramps up.

Yes, you can make one. Or buy something else, though I'm not aware of anything like it. Or use the little push-button on the microphone. But I love my HS-2.

It just works.

Don N4KC
www.n4kc.com
www.donkeith.com

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2012 12:53 Send this review to a friend
No Problems AT ALL!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Much better than any of the home brew switches I have used in the past. It fits the hand comfortably and the switch action is positive.

I can't figure out how others are managing to break theirs.