Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | Heil Ergonomic Hand Switch HS2 Help

Reviews Summary for Heil Ergonomic Hand Switch HS2
Heil Ergonomic Hand Switch HS2 Reviews: 42 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $$29.00
Description: Pistol grip type PTT switch compatible with many/most/all Heil microphones

You can write your own review of the Heil Ergonomic Hand Switch HS2.

N5YCN Rating: 3/5 Feb 10, 2012 06:27 Send this review to a friend
Just Okay  Time owned: more than 12 months
For the price, the HS-2 is okay. The switch is very comfortable to use but I have had my share of trouble with it. After 6 months of use, I had to resolder the black wire to the switch contact. Looked like a cold solder joint. Resoldered the red connection also for good measure. Last night, the switch became very intermittent and would not key the radio unless I squeezed it extremely hard. Took the hand grip apart and something has broken inside the actual switch. Solder joints are still good at least! Poor quality parts used in this switch. The Heil mic and boom are terrific, no complaints there. I would gladly pay more for a rugged version of the same switch, ie, commercial quality parts.
N4KC Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2012 16:05 Send this review to a friend
I must be a lucky son of a gun  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just as I seem to be with all my MFJ accessories, I must be one lucky Heil customer to not have had a moment's trouble with this guy! Despite those who claim this switch is junk...and I'm not doubting them...I've had the HS-2 for five years, used it a heck of a lot, have big hands and tend to be rough with stuff like this (I'm a former disk jockey, the ultimate test for any switch, pot, or headset) and the thing just keeps making and un-making. I don't like to use VOX so all SSB ops, including ragchewing, pile-up haunting, and contest yapping, are done with the HS-2. It does have a strong spring which can cause a little discomfort during a long-winded discourse, but I can unkey, flex my hand, and go right back to talking if it cramps up.

Yes, you can make one. Or buy something else, though I'm not aware of anything like it. Or use the little push-button on the microphone. But I love my HS-2.

It just works.

Don N4KC

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2012 12:53 Send this review to a friend
No Problems AT ALL!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Much better than any of the home brew switches I have used in the past. It fits the hand comfortably and the switch action is positive.

I can't figure out how others are managing to break theirs.
KC2GUY Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2012 11:36 Send this review to a friend
Best Hand Switch Made  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had mine for like it did the
day it arrived. Well built, and does exactly what it is supposed to do...with comfort.
VE7REN Rating: 0/5 Jan 13, 2012 08:59 Send this review to a friend
poor switches on heil products  Time owned: more than 12 months
all my heil mics and this handswitch have switch issues. return calls from heil,have to use vox more then anything cause the switches go intermittent.. ive been getting rid of all heil products here,and going to audio technica or electrovoice mics. the hand switch will be a home made one from now on... if you buy any heil device with a switch..... you should purchase a box of replacement switches also... complete junk...
N9EXM Rating: 4/5 Jan 13, 2012 08:49 Send this review to a friend
Good Product So Far  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I used this switch through ARRL Sweepstates, 2 DX contests and the ARRL 10 meter without a problem. I'll stay with a 4 rating. If it continues over the next 6 months, I'll upgrade my rating.
VK2YY Rating: 0/5 Jan 13, 2012 01:02 Send this review to a friend
Junk  Time owned: more than 12 months
I dont spend alot of time on air and I am
On my third one in three years.
The switches inside are very poor and fail.
I will buy new switches and fit. Otherwise when they work they work well. In a nutshell "No Quality Control"
Im also sorry to say that Heil dont reply to complaints.
Chris vk2yy
W4PGM Rating: 0/5 Feb 24, 2011 10:04 Send this review to a friend
not worth the money  Time owned: more than 12 months
Poorly made, broke in about a year of light use. don't waste you money. Build your own
K8MSH Rating: 2/5 Feb 23, 2011 20:30 Send this review to a friend
Disappointment  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've purchased four Heil products over the last five years and this is the only one that's caused me any trouble. It's just over one year old (out of warranty, of course!). Worked fine until now. No misuse or abuse, but the famous "Heil Wire" didn't hold up. Unit is not repair friendly and requires care to pry innards out to work on them. Did self-repair and now works again. Giving it a "2" for poor durability.
K5WRK Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2010 23:55 Send this review to a friend
very nice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
can't go wrong with this device, bought it with a proset headset. for those of us with coordination problems, i find this to be a real plus. this has been most helpful in my shack...

would highly reccomend..............