Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | Heil Ergonomic Hand Switch HS2 Help

Reviews Summary for Heil Ergonomic Hand Switch HS2
Heil Ergonomic Hand Switch HS2 Reviews: 40 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $$29.00
Description: Pistol grip type PTT switch compatible with many/most/all Heil microphones
More info: http://www.heilsound.com

You can write your own review of the Heil Ergonomic Hand Switch HS2.

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2012 12:53 Send this review to a friend
No Problems AT ALL!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Much better than any of the home brew switches I have used in the past. It fits the hand comfortably and the switch action is positive.

I can't figure out how others are managing to break theirs.

KC2GUY Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2012 11:36 Send this review to a friend
Best Hand Switch Made  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had mine for years....works like it did the
day it arrived. Well built, and does exactly what it is supposed to do...with comfort.

VE7REN Rating: 0/5 Jan 13, 2012 08:59 Send this review to a friend
poor switches on heil products  Time owned: more than 12 months
all my heil mics and this handswitch have switch issues. horrible........no return calls from heil,have to use vox more then anything cause the switches go intermittent.. ive been getting rid of all heil products here,and going to audio technica or electrovoice mics. the hand switch will be a home made one from now on... if you buy any heil device with a switch..... you should purchase a box of replacement switches also... complete junk...

N9EXM Rating: 4/5 Jan 13, 2012 08:49 Send this review to a friend
Good Product So Far  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I used this switch through ARRL Sweepstates, 2 DX contests and the ARRL 10 meter without a problem. I'll stay with a 4 rating. If it continues over the next 6 months, I'll upgrade my rating.

VK2YY Rating: 0/5 Jan 13, 2012 01:02 Send this review to a friend
Junk  Time owned: more than 12 months
I dont spend alot of time on air and I am
On my third one in three years.
The switches inside are very poor and fail.
I will buy new switches and fit. Otherwise when they work they work well. In a nutshell "No Quality Control"
Im also sorry to say that Heil dont reply to complaints.
Chris vk2yy

W4PGM Rating: 0/5 Feb 24, 2011 10:04 Send this review to a friend
not worth the money  Time owned: more than 12 months
Poorly made, broke in about a year of light use. don't waste you money. Build your own

K8MSH Rating: 2/5 Feb 23, 2011 20:30 Send this review to a friend
Disappointment  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've purchased four Heil products over the last five years and this is the only one that's caused me any trouble. It's just over one year old (out of warranty, of course!). Worked fine until now. No misuse or abuse, but the famous "Heil Wire" didn't hold up. Unit is not repair friendly and requires care to pry innards out to work on them. Did self-repair and now works again. Giving it a "2" for poor durability.

K5WRK Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2010 23:55 Send this review to a friend
very nice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
can't go wrong with this device, bought it with a proset headset. for those of us with coordination problems, i find this to be a real plus. this has been most helpful in my shack...

would highly reccomend..............

WA4KLQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2009 22:19 Send this review to a friend
Nice piece of equipment  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It is made of plastic and is very lightweight. It seems like it should be heavier. It only weighs about an ounce. When activated, it has a nice click when it is keying the mic. The spring loaded trigger is light enough that your hand does not get tired of holding it in the talk position for extended periods. I really cannot find any problems with the performance.

N1MC Rating: 3/5 Nov 21, 2008 13:44 Send this review to a friend
Went South 2x  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had two of these in the last couple of years and I really like the handswitch, but this is the second one to give up the ghost on me. I'd wouldn't be so critical if I used it alot, but I am a pretty intermittent operator and I would say that the switches I've had only lasted about 50 cycles or so before they began to go intermittent. The first one to go was replaced by Heil with no trouble. I am going to call them on this second one and see what happens. I have other Heil stuff which has been just terrific - the handswitch...no so much.