Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | Heil Ergonomic Hand Switch HS2 Help

Reviews Summary for Heil Ergonomic Hand Switch HS2
Heil Ergonomic Hand Switch HS2 Reviews: 39 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $$29.00
Description: Pistol grip type PTT switch compatible with many/most/all Heil microphones
More info: http://www.heilsound.com

You can write your own review of the Heil Ergonomic Hand Switch HS2.

K5JZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2008 18:20 Send this review to a friend
The perfect hand switch.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I will never be without them. The fit and feel is as good as it gets. The switch has a unique "snap" that makes it a joy to use.

George K5JZ

TF3JB Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2008 10:53 Send this review to a friend
Heil HS-2; excellent quality hand switch.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I am very pleased with my Heil HS-2 hand switch. It is well made, easy to use and the grip is comfortable for the size of my hand. It is also rather light (in weight) and the switch needs only light pressure to key the transmitter, which means that I do not get tired using it. It comes with good quality cable and a special socket for the Heil PR 40 microphone (and supposedly for other Heil microphones as well). I can strongly recommend the hand switch to all hams.

73 de TF2JB.

VK2FTNY Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2008 08:42 Send this review to a friend
Better than the footswitch  Time owned: more than 12 months
Being lucky enough to have both the Heil footswitch and Heil handswitch i feel safe to say the handswitch is definatley the better of the 2.In the hand it feels quite sturdy and seems well made even thou it is completly plastic.But it definetly has a more positive keying action than the dual microswitch foot peddle.I originally bought it for the Heil proset plus headset but now use it to key all my mics as i like the positive action and it is comfortable to hold in the hand even for long haul contests or the long hours of chatting to friends.In the year that ive been using the handswitch it has proven reliable and has not given me any trouble and it is used almost everyday.As for the unit being plastic is seems quite durable and still looks like new with no signs of cracking or deterioration even thou it is my main keyer in the shack.

KI4CRA Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2008 14:53 Send this review to a friend
SWEET!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had my switch for almost a year now, I use it with my Heil ProSet. It fits the hand very well, no stress, no strain, no rinky dink button you have to press. I told a very good friend of mine who needed a new hand switch about the one I have. Finally convinced him to go ahead and order one, he called me a day or so after he received it and all he had to say was WOW! Every one I know who uses this particular hand switch likes it.

73 de Mark
AI4HO

KE4GRP Rating: 4/5 Nov 4, 2007 04:03 Send this review to a friend
It works.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Switch works just fine. Much better than the old grey switch, which made my thumb throbe. Gave it only a 4 because of the somewhat cheezy construction. Unfortunately,I have had problems with Heil conectors wearing out to quickly in the past. Hopefully this will hold up.

N4KC Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2007 07:04 Send this review to a friend
Nice!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Can't imagine you would want anything to work any better. Sure, you could do the same with any other simple switch and cable, but this device seems sturdy, has just the right amount of tension, and slides nicely beneath the radio when I'm just listening or working CW.

I rarely use VOX anymore.

K1WJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2007 06:12 Send this review to a friend
Works good so far  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Nice Hand switch, has a nice feel in the hand & trigger switch feels just right to me. Quality of unit also seems fine. If it holds up and works for a few years I'll be very pleased. Works well with Heil cables. I've had mine for 3 months with no issues at all.
73, David K1WJ

N6BIZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2007 09:15 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
now this is one of these that u just gotta have

W2DIP Rating: 3/5 Apr 7, 2007 20:51 Send this review to a friend
Mine has a short  Time owned: months
When I got it I loved it. It felt good and allowed me to sit back and use my mic on a boom. Then after about two hours use my radio kept going into transmit by itself. I thouht the problem was with my radio but then I noticed that when I moved the grip to the left or right the transmit light went on. I ran my fingers over the wire and found a spot on the wire that if bent caused the radio to go into transmit.

I was mildly amused at this as Heil touts its Heil wire and yet there is a short in mine. How this could happen escapes me as I would think that the two wires inside are insulated and therefore should not short.

Anyway I now have to spend more money to mail it bn back and wait for it to come back.

Other than it breaking after two hours it fits the hand well and feels good.

KI6AKR Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2007 17:23 Send this review to a friend
Hands off my microphone!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The HS-2 is a nice alternative to the microphone's PTT switch - especially if you were born with an itchy trigger finger that likes to quick-key.

It's a light-weight pistol-grip that's comfortable to hold, and keying my Heil mikes by "remote control" has become second nature to me. Now, I wouldn't have it any other way!

73 from KI6AKR