Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | Saratoga Amateur Radio Products PowerMeter Help

Reviews Summary for Saratoga Amateur Radio Products PowerMeter
Saratoga Amateur Radio Products PowerMeter Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $$75.00
Description: The PowerMeter is a device that continuously monitors four of the following parameters (user programmable): Voltage, Current, Power, High Voltage Warning, Low Voltage Warning, Alarm Status - On/Off, Current Bar Graph.
More info: http://www.saratogaham.com

You can write your own review of the Saratoga Amateur Radio Products PowerMeter.

KD6NIG Rating: 4/5 Mar 9, 2006 10:24 Send this review to a friend
Not bad-some oddities though  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The meter itself is nice and easy to read. I've been using one for roughly 8 months now.

But, saying that, it has some oddities. The voltage seems to read about .2v above what it actually is versus the real voltage (verified with a few seperate voltmeters to be sure). Not a major problem, I just deduct .2v from the reading and its fine.

The other oddity has came up recently. The right side of the display (roughly 5 digits) fades slowly away to nothing when I'm not running much through the meter. Once I turn my radios on and get more than a amp or so flowing through it, it slowly comes back and works after about 10 minutes.

Other than that, no real complaints about the meter. I'm tolerating the oddities above since everything else on it works great, and I regard the meter readings as a guide anyway. If I need real accurate readings I'm going to pull out a voltmeter or another meter to check anyway. For watching to make sure my battery/powersupply system is supplying correct voltage and current to my radios, it can't be beat.

WE8Q Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2005 15:40 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Shack Accessory  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The PowerMeter hooks up between your 12VDC power supply and your equipment. It gives you a true indication of power supply voltage and the amount of current being drawn by your station equipment. I hooked mine between my Astron power supply and my RigRunner which then connects to all of my 12VDC station equipment. The PowerMeter has Anderson Power Pole connectors on it for easy connection. It is great to see at a glance what voltage the Astron is putting out and how much total current is being used at all times. My only suggestion for improvement would be to have a light in the PowerMeter display but it is very easy to read under normal lighting conditions as is.