Reviews Categories | Third-party Equipment | W2FS Keyboard interface for Kenwood Tm-d700a Help

Reviews Summary for W2FS Keyboard interface for Kenwood Tm-d700a
W2FS Keyboard interface for Kenwood Tm-d700a Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$55.00kit $75.00 built
Description: Type on your Kenwood D700 with a PC Keyboard.
More info: http://www.coastalchip.com/Kenkey.htm

You can write your own review of the W2FS Keyboard interface for Kenwood Tm-d700a.

KE7NTF Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2007 21:56 Send this review to a friend
Great add-on for TM-D700  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Like W6EZ, I bought the component only version of the interface. The package arrived quickly and contained excellent instructions. Took about one hour to assemble. Fit and finish were fantastic. It works precisely as advertised. I cannot imagine messaging without it now. Bottom line: if you have a TM-D700A and use it for aprs, you will love this accessory. Added bonus, it eliminates the need for a cat5 coupler on your mic cable.
NOTE:Make sure whatever keyboard you attach has a shielded cable (most do) I tried one keyboard that had a flat ribbon type cable and got a humming noise on tx. Changed to a different keyboard and hum went away.

W6EZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2005 21:52 Send this review to a friend
It works!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tired of trying to enter messages from the microphone on your TM-D700 when running APRS?
I was and when I saw the add for this product I took a chance and ordered the kit.
It took about an hour to put it together and gee, it works just like advertised.
I have a friend who has a TM-D700 and I am sure he will be green with envy when he see this slick little item on my rig.
I hope W2FS sells a zillion of these little gems!