Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond SRH805 144/430/1200 Mhz SMA HT Antenna (ducky) Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond SRH805 144/430/1200 Mhz SMA HT Antenna (ducky)
Diamond SRH805 144/430/1200 Mhz  SMA  HT  Antenna (ducky) Reviews: 14 Average rating: 3.6/5 MSRP: $39,95
Description: Short HT Antenna (SMA) for 144/430 1200 Mhz, with wide band receiving coverage. only 4 1/2 cm long.

You can write your own review of the Diamond SRH805 144/430/1200 Mhz SMA HT Antenna (ducky).

M1CXF Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2015 06:41 Send this review to a friend
Great for its size  Time owned: more than 12 months
This antenna can only be described as physically small but considering its size it is an excellent performer.
I have had one on my ic-e90 for many years and its performance impressed me so much over the standard issue that when I ordered a new id-51e plus I ordered another diamond srh805s for it at the same time.
Beware the Chinese copies. A neighbouring ham bought one of those and it wasn't even a dummy load! It was identical, including the name markings.
Would I buy anther? I already have, and would do it again if I needed too.

W5DTW Rating: 1/5 Mar 10, 2015 07:05 Send this review to a friend
2M no way  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Tested this on an Aeroflex 3550R, from 140-150 MHz the swr is over 7:1 might work marginally on 70CM as the swr is fairly flat at 2.9/3.0:1 across the 440-450 range.

KA5SVR Rating: 1/5 Jun 22, 2014 13:29 Send this review to a friend
Good RX Bad TX  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Receives great all the way up to 800 MHz. Its transmit on VHF is very bad. I hit the repeater (less than 7 miles) but cannot be understood.

KC2VVC Rating: 4/5 Aug 4, 2013 12:29 Send this review to a friend
Impressive on UHF  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very nice stubby for UHF work. On a Baofeng UV5R, my watt meter only shows 4 watts for the high setting on UHF but with this little antenna, the combo is impressive. Even receive is very impressive for such a small amount of surface area.

For 2 meters, look elsewhere, this antenna is simply ineffective even for close in stuff in my experience with it thus far.

Well worth buying for UHF.

AA7BI Rating: 4/5 Apr 19, 2012 08:56 Send this review to a friend
Better Than A Dummie-Load  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
NO antenna this size is going to work well!

That being said, for close-range work and shirt-pocket operation, you can't beat this stubby. After all, according to regulation, we only need to produce enough RF to get the job done.

I expected transmit to be AWFUL, and was not disappointed. What did surprise me was how good the receive is.

To summarize:

Receive A-
Transmit D-
Convenience A+

Great scanner antenna....

de AA7BI/VE5

W9HAN Rating: 4/5 Oct 24, 2008 19:51 Send this review to a friend
Good performance for size  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I put my SRH805S onto my MFJ-269 analyzer and found the bandwidth to very narrow, but very good SWR at the "sweet spot". Got SWR readings of about 1.2:1 at 145.500 and 438.000. If you are more than 0.500 MHz away from these frequency centers the SWR hits 3:1 very fast. I set my radios for 438.000 and 0.5 watt and went 0.6 miles with ease with full quieting through homes and heavy trees. This test was done with two ICOM IC-91AD radios each with the SRH805S antenna.

I have not tested 2M yet as I really purchased this antenna for 70cm work. You canít expect any kind of performance in the VHF band with a bullet size antenna.

This is a good antenna for close work. What was said earlier is true that you need a club for each shot and this one is for chipping onto the green on VHF and itís a 9 iron on UHF.

N3IDG Rating: 2/5 Jul 19, 2008 13:10 Send this review to a friend
poor  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
got this antenna to use on icom ic-q71 to carry in shirt pocket duing storm warnings so i didnt get poked for not getting poked this antenna receives an A but for receive it gets a D- used a staighted paper clip for better receive than this antenna

K6USN Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2008 06:45 Send this review to a friend
Has its place in the toolbox  Time owned: more than 12 months
Like a bag of golf clubs, there are different antennas for different 'shots' and conditions.
When traveling with other hams or for local work, I find the SRH805 to be a good performer for Simplex use up to about a mile (depending on terrain). Like others have mentioned, it works
repeaters if they are nearby.
A very well made antenna, it fits on my IC92AD like it was made for it, and it is my antenna of choice for hiking and sporting events. I carry
a longer ducky for the times when I need it.
Allen
K6USN (E51USN)

N8EKT Rating: 3/5 Jun 19, 2008 15:17 Send this review to a friend
Ok on uhf  Time owned: more than 12 months
This antenna is typical of antennas this size.
Poor performance on 2 meters and fair performance on uhf.

SQ5NAZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2007 13:33 Send this review to a friend
Very good for 70 cm  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought it in Avanti in Warsaw. I looked for small antenna for 70 cm and 2m bands. SRH-805S is good for 70 cm band. It works well with my Yaesu VX-7R. On 2m band it isn't as good as yaesu antenna but if you're close to repeater it works. Ducky is good choice when you looking for very short antenna (only 4.5 cm). I think it's great if you like work on repeater in city centres and... what can I say... For me: great! :)