Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | Tecsun DR-910 Help

Reviews Summary for Tecsun DR-910
Tecsun DR-910 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $19.90
Description: Tiny, inexpensive AM/FM/SW portable receiver
More info: http://www.tecsun.com.cn/

You can write your own review of the Tecsun DR-910.

KC7JBB Rating: 3/5 May 8, 2005 07:04 Send this review to a friend
A fair radio given the price.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered the DR-910/Grundig-1000 from e-bay. Delivery only took about a week from HongKong, amazing.
Nice little radio, has a solid feel. Better construction than I expected and even included a nice cloth carry bag.
Pro's:
Good tone for the tiny speaker, not as good as my Grundig mini-100pe but good.
SW Sensitivity on whip was strong and I was able to pull in most of the SW stations that my YB-400 and Sangean-909 can.
Am reception was exceptional on this little radio.
FM while OK the DR-910 was not able to recieve the weeker stations. My mini-100 did better.
Con's:
You have to turn the radio off to see the clock time.
Allthough the DRO readout is nice it is not very stable and the signal drifts one or two steps most of the time.

Bottom line: For around $28.00 shipped a good value for small travel clock radio with SW thrown in. Well built and has a large display given the small size. Performance I would say is very good overall considering the price of the DR-910. I traded it to a friend and would probably not get another for my use. But for the occasional listener who is traveling lite this radio is a good choice.