Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond X-50A Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond X-50A
Diamond X-50A Reviews: 28 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $99.95
Description: 2m/70cm Dual Band High Performance Gain Vertical Base Station Antenna

You can write your own review of the Diamond X-50A.

IZ2EAS Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2012 12:23 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
My first X50 has been installed for more than 10 years now, without problems, at my holiday house, on the mountains; it got heavy doses of sun, rain, snow and ice. I was so satisfied with it that I purchased a second X50 for my main station in Milano. It is really a set-and-forget antenna, good performance and no troubles. Wish all the antennas were like that.

KJ6MSG Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2011 17:54 Send this review to a friend
Solid Performance  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Paired with my Yaesu FT-7900R, this antenna has given me solid performance. I receive nothing but good reports on my transmissions and I can clearly hear every repeater and public service/aviation transmission in the area. Very nice antenna.

W2NJU Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2011 14:48 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna For the Money  Time owned: more than 12 months
Low VSWR across 2m and 440. Withstood Irene from a chimney mount 40 feet up with no damage. No increase in SWR even in heavy rains. Solid signal reports. In short I love this antenna. Put it and forget it. Hopefuly for 10 years.

KE5JA Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2009 09:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well built, very low SWR, all that I expected and more. The antenna is mounted half way down on the back side of my roof (keep the neighbors happy), and with 50 watts and the space station ~ 22 degrees to the south and east, I was able to maintain an eight minute QSO with NA1SS recently!

N0FPE Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2009 06:42 Send this review to a friend
Bee's knee's  Time owned: more than 12 months
works good for me.

WE8Q Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2009 06:14 Send this review to a friend
Strong  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Put this antenna atop my new tower. This antenna is like a baseball bat...very strong. Low SWR and excellent performance on both bands.

W5XJ Rating: 4/5 May 28, 2009 17:14 Send this review to a friend
so far so good on 144/440  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just put it above my garage in the attic at 15 feet AGL and it is nice. Hits repeaters 30+ miles away, good quieting on locals. Perfect height - fits just under the roof peak on a broomstick for a mast in a milk crate with paint cans for ballast. The jury is still out on VHF DX, i keep calling on SSB but have few QSO's to show for it.

KJ4EOZ Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2009 14:24 Send this review to a friend
very nice antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have been using this antenna for about 90 days now , and works very good . SWR's are flat on 2 meters and 440 1.1 but i am using 50 feet 9913 Coax .
and the antenna is up about 55 - 60 feet up .
the repeater im on most of the time , is 40 miles
away . and i can work it with 5 watts out of my FT-8800R . pick one up you will be happy !!!!

K1MRI Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2009 16:17 Send this review to a friend
Good to go  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have 2 of these mounted about 35' up at the peak of the house, both up there for over 12 years. Using my HT I can hit machines some 30 miles away........on 5 watts! Easy to put together (this was my 1st antenna)and mount.

Looking for a great antenna look no further.

K2ID Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2008 20:39 Send this review to a friend
Fits in my attic  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have two in my attic. One on the north side and one on the south. I use a coax switcher to go from one to the other. Most of the time they receive and send about the same but there are some places that I can only reach with one or the other.

The short size makes it a perfect fit for my attic. Good enough to reach over 25 repeaters in NJ/NY area. Not very interested in VHF/UHF simplex so this antenna is perfect for me. Occasionally will use it with my 746 Pro simplex but I mostly use it with my Yaesu 817. 5 watts and this antenna is usually all I need to work the area repeaters and even a few in NYC.