Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Opek SWR-6 Help

Reviews Summary for Opek SWR-6
Opek SWR-6 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $49.00
Description: Cross-needle SWR and power meter covers 140-160 MHz and 400-480 MHz. Three power ranges are available: 10,100,1000 watts. SO-239 input and output. There is a toggle switch on the back which can be set for VHF or UHF.

You can write your own review of the Opek SWR-6.

KB6NU Rating: 4/5 Oct 1, 2006 17:40 Send this review to a friend
Good, low-cost meter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got mine this week and am pleased with it. It's not a Bird, but it does seem to be reasonably accurate.

Despite what this review says, the MSRP, according to Universal Radio is $69.95. Universal's price is $59.95, which seems to be the most popular "street price" for this meter.

KE5HCD Rating: 4/5 May 6, 2006 17:57 Send this review to a friend
6 weeks?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I like it so far. Just wish it were backlit so I could see it in the dark.

I'm in the process of adding that feature myself.

K8MN Rating: 4/5 Nov 8, 2005 17:14 Send this review to a friend
A bargain meter which gets the job done  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought my SWR-6 from G&G Communications at the
recent Washington County, Pennsylvania hamfest.
I'd never heard of the brand name and was preparing to pass the units by until I noticed the words "VHF/UHF" and "1KW" printed on the packaging.

The unit was just what I needed for tuning up some older kit-type Arco amps for 144 and 432 MHz. I have a couple of Bird 43's but no KW 2m or 70cm slugs for them.

I was delighted to find that the SWR-6 agrees with other low power wattmeters when measuring the output power and SWR with my FT-847 on both 144 and 432 MHz. I haven't tried the thing with the amps yet, but even if it isn't precise in its reading at that level, I won't be upset. I need something which gives me an idea of my output power and which will serve as a tuneup aid at or near the 700w level.

I note the MSRP of $49.95. I overpaid by about ten bucks but I don't feel that I've been taken.

I like the cross needle forward/reverse/swr display as I'm used to it at HF.

I hope this assists others in making a decision about whether to buy or not.

Dave Heil K8MN

KA5ROW Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2005 22:56 Send this review to a friend
Good low cost meter  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got this meter for the high power usability. I have compared it to a much more expensive meter that only reads up to 200 watts, and it reads right with it. So if you need a meter that reads 200+ watts I give this one a very positive rating.