Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Force 12 DXer Help

Reviews Summary for Force 12 DXer
Force 12 DXer Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $1275
Description: The DXer is a 9 element multiband yagi on a 24' boom. It is designed to cover 20, 17 and 15 meters.
More info: http://force12inc.com

You can write your own review of the Force 12 DXer.

KK7HO Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2012 19:45 Send this review to a friend
Just a great performing antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had mine in the air at about 60 feet for 5 years now. This is one well built well performing antenna. You can't go wrong with Force 12 designed antennas...

KA5SMA Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2009 17:44 Send this review to a friend
Great Performer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased the 24 ft boom DXer(20,17 and 15 meters) last month. It is only at 35ft. but boy does it perform, even at bottom of sun spot cycle.

Reports are 5-9 and 5-9++. Consistantly get 5-9+10 reports in Europe running 100 watts.

The side rejection is phenominal...I have been told that I completely disappear when antenna is
rotated 90 degrees.

On 20 meters I constantly see a front to back of between 24 and 28 db...

On 17 meters I am seeing 18-20 db front to back(only 2 elements on 17).

This antenna has 4 active elements on 15 and it smokes.....on recent contacts...I have received 5-9 and 5-9++ report barefoot in Europe and South America...It is hard to believe but..
I am seeing 30 to 35 db front to back on 15 meters and like 20 meters I have been told that I completely disappear at 90 degrees...(side rejection).

Overall this antenna performs beyond its specifications....
It is very easy to assemble...100+ rivets with pneumatic gun took only about 1 1/2 hours..

The SWR is below 1.3 to 1 over most of the 20, 17 and 15 meter band with highest being 1.5 at 14.350..It is very broad banded..

Will be purchasing a 10 meter monobander from Force 12 shortly...10 is beginning to open up..

Good job Mark and Force 12 crew

..Get a Force 12...you cant beat it...in my opinion...

Good DXing..

W1ZK Rating: 4/5 Mar 16, 2005 10:37 Send this review to a friend
Good performance but pricey.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned an installed Force 12 DXer since 1997. The solar cycle was going up in 97 so I wanted to replace my monoband Hy-Gain 205CA with something that would cover the higher bands. I was fortunate to get the DXer from HRO at a very good price as it was an open box item in their store room. It is installed at 60' with either a Cushcraft 4 element 10 mtr yagi or a Cushcraft 40 mtr rotary dipole above it at 70'.
The DXer has performed admirably during the 8 years I have owned it. On 20 meters it is definitely not a 205CA but it does a very good job. On 17 meters it is a joy to have a real 2 element yagi. 15 meters also works very well. In addition to the DXer I have a Force 12 C3S on a 35' tower about 100' away and it is easy to compare them on 20 and 15. The DXer obviously wins on any LP signals or into Asia but it is awfully close to the C3S everywhere else.
My tower is a Rohn 45 with a Hazer system. This past summer I lowered the antennas down to check out the DXer and to swap the 4 el 10 mtr yagi for the 40 mtr rotary dipole. When going over the DXer the only thing I found amiss after 8 years in the air was a few missing rivets. They were all on the 20 meter driven and reflector elements. The first rivet on the 3rd section going out from the boom was missing on each element and on each side of the boom. It was uniform and would indicate to me some mechanical vibration. The 20 meter director, all other elements and the boom to element bracket rivets were perfect.
Aside from finding the missing rivets after 8 years in the air the DXer has fulfilled my desires and I would recommend it to others.
73's & gud DX,