Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Eco Wire Trapdipole 40 & 80m Help

Reviews Summary for Eco Wire Trapdipole 40 & 80m
Eco Wire Trapdipole 40 & 80m Reviews: 2 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $82 Euro plus shipping
Description: Length in total 30m. The Wire is made of Copper, the Traps have a casing of Aluminium. The Feeding is by Coaxcable on its 2KW 1:1 Balun BL-50 in the middle of that Antenna.
More info: http://www.schuelein-electronic.de/artikel.html?kat=1&subkat=5&art=85

You can write your own review of the Eco Wire Trapdipole 40 & 80m.

ON4WIY Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2010 06:14 Send this review to a friend
fair price ,good working !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use the 40-80 trapdipole abt 4 years with no problems!!!
On 40 mt I can use the entired band without tuner,on 80 mt abt 100 Khz.
Great antenna for fair price!! no holes in balun ext......good performer.

DM7IC Rating: 2/5 Mar 18, 2005 14:07 Send this review to a friend
Takes a lot of Noise  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The Traps were open each on one side and the Balun had some holes on its Box, but for what ??? I put there some liquid Silicone in what now assure the Watertightness.

The SWR drifts about 19KHz when its raining while the Antenna is inverted V at 6m over Ground in the Middle and about 3m at the ends.

There isnt any Problem for me than, I get a lot of Noise on 40m. The G5RV I have gives me the same receiving strength on the desired signal but with 5 S-unites less Noise (at average) on 40m.