Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Create Log-Periodic CLP5130-1N Help

Reviews Summary for Create Log-Periodic CLP5130-1N
Create Log-Periodic CLP5130-1N Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $$409
Description: The log~periodic dipole array (LPDA) is respected for its wide bandwidth, constant impedance, and high gain. Measuring 6' 8" boom length, the Create CLP~5130~1N offers 50~1300 MHz bandwidth for transmitting and receiving, with an average forward gain of 10~12 dBi. Ruggedly constructed of solid aluminum for lightweight durability.

More info: http://www.cd-corp.com/eng/ama/top.htm

You can write your own review of the Create Log-Periodic CLP5130-1N.

G8YTZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2012 14:54 Send this review to a friend
Excellent all-rounder!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
For the life mf my I cannot understand why hams dislike LPDA’s I’ve heard all sorts of nonsense, like “they radiate more harmonics” for your information almost any antenna is resonant on odd harmonics! Anyway I purchased the 100-1300MHz version of the Create LPDA as I wanted a general purpose antenna that would cover multiple bands for transmitting as well as receiving.
Performance is as expected for this type of antenna, no its never going to out-perform a single band multi-element antenna, but it is compact, indeed smaller than many TV antennas so it won’t offend the neighbours , it performs well, its very well made and has an excellent SWR across all the bands and more than meets my expectations. Mine is mounted above a Vine 6M 3-ely Yagi on a Yaesu G450c rotator.
I have worked Poland on 70cm and Russia on 2M with this antenna in the early summer of 2011 so no performance concerns here! My only regret is that I did not buy the 50-1300MHz version which would have brought 6M and 4M to the party.
In a nutshell I would highly recommend this product for people who want a multi-band VHF/UHF antenna.

WD4AB Rating: 2/5 Feb 3, 2011 04:41 Send this review to a friend
Gain not even close to advertised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna based on the reviews for weak signal work, assembly was ok and structural soundness not as solid as other lpda antennas such as KMA or Terradyne. Claimed gain figures are grossly exagerrated. The antenna is 2 s units weaker on both transmit and receive on 144hz and 432mhz compared to my relatively tiny 5 element Elk lpda. For the money you are better off with a much better built and better performing KMA LPDA which blows this thing away.
This antenna works but for the money you can get a much better perfoming lpda from other manufacturers.

W4AMP Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2009 12:00 Send this review to a friend
Good engineering!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have the 5130-2N, which covers 105-1300 mhz. Bought it from Grove, shipped quickly. Assembly takes a while, some small screws, but sturdy when complete. Using a single run of LMR600 for all mode 144,432, and 1296 all together. Very inexpensive way to get in the game vs. mono banders and multiple feedlines. Gain is huge, as claimed. Nice front to back as well. Very lightweight, well designed antenna. Very pleased with this product. See you soon from EM74.

W9JAB Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2009 05:43 Send this review to a friend
Nice  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have this antenna at 50 feet and it works great, use it on 2 and 6 meter, not too pin pointy, was impressed with the quality and ease of assembly, I put it together in the garage, because of all the little nut and bolts. The only drawback is the price it is a bit "spendy" but compared to Cushcraft it was well worth it.
JOE
W9JAB

WA7SCH Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2006 00:26 Send this review to a friend
Great little Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Had mine up for about a month.
Assembly was not hard, except for my big fingers. Sometimes working between the elements was difficult but that is because of spacing for this frequency.
Antenna is very light and I turn it with a TV antenna Tunder. I have done a little week signal work and it isn't as good as a long beam but as a small LPA it is terrific.

SWR is flat on 6,2,440, and 1.2 Ghz. Didn't test anywhere else. It's a nice addition to a VHF station.

KC5R Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2006 17:02 Send this review to a friend
Good all-around  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Have it up at 85'. Been really great on 6 and 2 meters. Good directivity and gain. If you want a multiband antenna for VHF/UHF weak signal, and cannot get up stacks for 2/440/etc, this antenna is perfect. Fairly straightforward to assemble and good quality. Customer service from Create prior to sale was great - no windload listed, but assume at or below 3 sq. ft.
Be careful - the hardware is all metric in size (including the tiny nuts), so you may need to look around to get spares should you drop one in the grass...

G0ISW Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2006 06:58 Send this review to a friend
A very good compromise  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this aerial for many years now and the first big advantage is its small size, just 3m x 3m.

The SWR is a perfect 1:1 from 50MHz to 1300MHz.

I have used my aerial to good effect on 50, 144 & 432MHz in particular when chasing DX on SSB.

I have worked North Africa (EA9) with just 25 watts on USB and Estonia (ES) with just 50 watts on 144MHz USB.

Good antenna for Meteor Scatter as it is not overly directional.

Despite only being equivalent to a 5 ele beam on 144MHz I have still worked all over Europe.

No down sides that I have discovered.