Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Turbo Tuner Help

Reviews Summary for Turbo Tuner
Turbo Tuner Reviews: 159 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $269. USD
Description: Automatic Screwdriver Antenna Controller for Icom, Kenwood, and Yaesu. Handles antenna motor currents up to 2 amps. Firmware is user upgradeable using a computer. Controller is powered by the radio. Plug and play with no calibration required. Works with all models of screwdriver antennas. Tarheel, High Sierra and others. RF bullet proof with extensive RFI filtering. Full 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee and 2 year no questions asked parts and labor warranty. We stand behind our products.
More info: http://WWW.N2VZ.COM

You can write your own review of the Turbo Tuner.

AF1RE Rating: 4/5 Oct 26, 2013 11:22 Send this review to a friend
I Like It, But  Time owned: more than 12 months
The FT-857 Turbo Tuner worked great in my F-350 attached to a Little Tarheel II on an aluminum topper. Initially had problems until topper, bed, and body were grounded together at several points. Two and a half years later, now, I have a continuos tone coming from the Turbo Tuner and it is not working. I am unable to find any schematics or help on the web. They are out of business AND incommunicado. No help pages on the old website. I met the owner at Orlando Hamcation. Seemed like a good decision at the time. Oh well.

W6NFL Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2013 13:54 Send this review to a friend
Still Works Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ive had mine since Jan 2010 and still tunes my 480HX and Tarheel II antenna perfectly. Im so sorry to hear he has went out of business. I hear Tarheel is just about to release a similar product though.

W4KVW Rating: 3/5 Apr 29, 2013 08:59 Send this review to a friend
OUT OF BUSINESS {:>(  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The units are GREAT as long as they are working but the company is out of business from what every dealer I spoke with tells me.No service for the products is not a good thing in any product.They were wiped out by Super Storm Sandy & I understand Bill's health is NOT good as well.Shame because it's a GREAT product that somebody needs to continue to produce them.

WC4R Rating: 2/5 Apr 29, 2013 06:58 Send this review to a friend
Great at first... then :(   Time owned: more than 12 months
Sweet tuner when new. Worked great on my Tarheel screwdriver antenna for 3 years. Upon a new installation it would no longer tune -- it always went into its 'park' position. Emails are not answered. Phone calls rang but no answer then today came back with 'no longer in service'.
Has Bill gone out of business?

AD5RQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2013 15:34 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Product  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have a Kenwood TS-480 and a Scorpion SA-680S connected to the TurboTuner. Installation is very easy.
I just press a button on my radio and the TurboTuner tunes the antenna in less then 10 seconds. It always amazes me how easy it is to switch bands and the TurboTuner always finds the best SWR in a breeze. After the tuning I have a SWR from 1:1 on all bands.
Great product and absolutely glad I decided to install it.

KI6RJW Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2013 14:13 Send this review to a friend
Has worked great almost 4 year now  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this now since I did the install in 2009. Kenwood TS-480HX and a Scorpion SA-680 Black Widow in a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins. Works exactly as described. On RARE occasion, it will default to park and not move again, until i turn the radio off and back on. This happens maybe once every 100+ tunes. Not enough to be a concern.

N5UD Rating: 2/5 Mar 14, 2013 03:34 Send this review to a friend
TT maybe Owner no  Time owned: more than 12 months
My TT would tune the antenna MOST times. Then just go right by the minimum SWR to the end of coil. Mine failed after 1 year. Would not control the antenna motor. I had it down to the motor IC. Was going to change myself. I contacted Bill for any input.
He said to re-load firmware just to make sure. I did. No change. Said I would just repair it myself. He insisted I send it to him. BIG MISTAKE.
He has had my TT since November 7, 2011. Likely one of you fellas out there have my recycled unit.
Phone calls, emails, and delivered letters go unanswered.

NR1D Rating: 0/5 Feb 26, 2013 05:23 Send this review to a friend
Worked great, for a while...BUT!!!.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The tuner worked great for a couple of months and then it failed. And that's when your trouble will start. After several emails and phone calls, I have received not response to get this thing repaired. Don't waste your money on this product because once it fails its garbage if not repairable through the manufacturer. Time to give his resellers a call to Blacklist.

W5DGM Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2013 10:41 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased my Turbo Tuner, along with a Little Tarheel II screwdriver antenna for my mobile unit. After some time passed by (procrastination?), I finally installed the system in my vehicle. I carefully followed the instructions, and made sure I had bonded all metal sections together in my vehicle. The Turbo Tuner operates exactly as advertised. Within an hour of completing the install, I was able to participate in a regional net on 75 meters with low vswr and good signal reports. Good work Bill, I will buy another for my other vehicle.

WY3Q Rating: 0/5 Aug 16, 2012 10:00 Send this review to a friend
Does not honor warranty  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I (and some of the reviewers here) have had the Turbo Tuner fail. In November 2011, I returned the tuner 3 months after purchase for warranty repair. Warranty on N2VZ web site is repair no matter what. I have not heard a SINGLE reply to my phone calls, multiple emails, and multiple certified letters. No reply at all. I have been ignored completely. However, if I just inquire about a product, I have been answered by email. Therefore, my conclusion is the Turbo Tuner product is worthless due to the possibility of failure and the inability to get it repaired.