Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG AT-200Pro Memory Autotuner Help

Reviews Summary for LDG AT-200Pro Memory Autotuner
LDG AT-200Pro Memory Autotuner Reviews: 87 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $249
Description: 5 to 250 watt autotuner (100W on 6M). 16,000 3-D memories, SWR and Power indicator, 2 position antenna switch, interfaces for all popular radios and 160 thru 6 meter coverage.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com

You can write your own review of the LDG AT-200Pro Memory Autotuner.

KY4TS Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2014 14:07 Send this review to a friend
Despite my best efforts, it's still working!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've seen some negative reviews where the operator has admittedly done something wrong, but expects the tuner to keep running. Despite my mistakes on occasion, one of which let the smoke out of one of the caps, this tuner refuses to quit! It has been my main tuner in the shack for over 4 years now and has performed remarkably. Inverted L's, non-resonate dipoles, hastily constructed verticals, all have posed no issues. Yes it makes noise when it tunes. It's supposed to. Even the tuner in my FT-950 makes noise. Relays do that. But it is far from ear shattering and it lets me know it is working. For all practical purposes, do you change bands that much that it is an issue? For what this thing costs, you'll be hard pressed to find a better auto tuner.

IU3BRO Rating: 1/5 May 15, 2014 02:38 Send this review to a friend
claimed for 100watts, problems with 100watts! No tech support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi,
I recently purchased in Italy the above AT. While the shack was unattended by me, for a home emergency, the computer started transmission, for a Ham Radio Deluxe malfunctioning or any other mysterious reason, and the rig ic718 continued to transmit for 15 minutes. When I went back to the shack, the AT was very hot, smoking a bit, and the rig as well. Switched off at once, after one hour switched on again, and it worked, but with a very bad smell.
Opening the box, a toroid appeared burned, but still working with huge heat generation partly melting a nearby relay. I asked to Tech support of LDG for service manual, LDG says they do not have, then I asked at least a schematic diagram, they said NOT AVAILABLE! Now, maybe I made something wrong, but why a claimed 200watts tuner burns for a 15min 100watts transmission? And why this absent tech support? Avoid this rubbish!

MM0XXW Rating: 4/5 Jan 29, 2014 08:06 Send this review to a friend
A neat piece of kit ....  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I managed to pick one up second-hand but practically un-used so there's not a scratch on it.
Before I tuned my antenna I reset the unit so all memories were empty of any previous presets.
It's only trimming a ground-mounted multi-band vertical which it accomplished in milli-seconds and has been rock-solid since.
I've a couple of small gripes one being I don't have an adapter for my TS-480HX and the other one is the noise, no-one could describe this as silent operation!
However they're only minor issues and therefore I've given it a 4.5!

KJ4DKT Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2013 07:35 Send this review to a friend
HARD TO BEAT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a MFJ 993b, Yaesu fc 40, and a LDG 200 Pro. They all have their MINOR faults, but are very bearable. The 200 Pro has no digital readouts as does the 993b, but seems to tune quickly and noisily. No tuner is the BEST, however some may be better than others whatever the reason. I like ALL of mine. I will sell mine to buy the 1000 Pro model. I have NO problems with LDG products and will continue to use them in the future.

M0AZE Rating: 2/5 Mar 22, 2013 02:14 Send this review to a friend
M0AZE  Time owned: more than 12 months
It grieves me to write a negative report about a product and a company that is held in such high esteem. But when composing a review you have to truly reflect your experiences.

I've had this tuner for just over 2 years, its no where near as fast as some of the earlier reviews, similar to other reviewers it sometimes does not like the frequency you are transmitting on and starts to 'clunk' and just refuse to do anything. On some frequencies it just refuses to tune a resonant antenna!

Having sent the unit back for repair it came back with no fault found. I spent over 50 doing this. It appeared to be okay for a day or 2 then similar issues started again.

Having written to LDG requesting help and advice the silence is deafening. What perturbs me is the excellent service received states side to what I've experienced over here in the UK.

It's now 'out of service' in the cupboard while the auto atu in my ICOM 756 pro III does the job quicker, quieter with very respectable results. This is my second LDG product, I purchased on the basis of the strengths of reports and the service and backup this company seems to promote.

Should LDG get in contact it may still have some life yet, but I'm not holding my breath!

N0DQS Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2013 10:27 Send this review to a friend
Good Value  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have used mine for some time now, used it in the Shack to get used to it and now use it in the moble with a Yaesu FT-857, once it tuned an antenna or Freq the next time it took a spit second, tuned really well had no problems with it. Still using it.

K2DEP Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2012 15:07 Send this review to a friend
Excellent autotuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the LDG AT-200Pro II about a month ago. A bit noisy when first tuning to the freqs that I use but a lot more tolerable than turning a bunch of knobs manually. This unit works great with my Mini G5RV 46' antenna @ 20' height. I have worked stations in Europe and South America on 10 and 15 meters and some long distance on 40 meters. After reading the reviews, I feel that those that had issues with the autotuner either did not know what they were doing, were using a lousy antenna to begin with or just did not like the noise whilst tuning. In researching, I did not see an autotuner that works as well in comparison nor had the quality of construction. I have a very extensive background in radio wave propagation and I see little fault with this product. I give little validity to those that commented in a negative way. Basically if your antenna isn't tuning properly and the LDG is always trying to retune, you have a lousy antenna. Don't expect miracles.

AA3EJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2012 09:22 Send this review to a friend
LDG AT200ProII - Great Quality!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my second LDG, and same great quality!. Yes it is a bit noisy but after memorizing the QRG the recall from memory is fast and the quality of the tuner cant' be beat. Tunes my Butternut HF9V vertical and 80 FW loop with no problems!. Would purchase an LDG AT200ProII ATU again for the same great quality!, 73's Dave,aa3ej

K0GV Rating: 3/5 Apr 7, 2012 10:21 Send this review to a friend
Tuner is good, but noisy. Customer service slow and impersonal  Time owned: more than 12 months
I owned an AT-200Pro (not the ProII) for about a year and a half until the smoke came out and it needed to be sent in for repair. It happens. Before the failure the tuner worked well. Know that the tuner is unexpectedly noisy from relay chatter when tuning. Be prepared for this if you purchase one. It is far from the rather quiet operation of many modern rigs' built in tuners. However, the 200Pro also has a much larger capability than many internal tuners. Given noise vs lesser capability, I chose noise.

My service experience was only fair given modern expectations.

I did contact LDG via email, as the tuner was having some issues before it finally died, and had a multiple email chat with someone at LDG customer service. They never identified themselves. It gave the company a very impersonal, "you are a number, get in line", feel.

The tuner was sent to LDG for repair.

One really doesn't get any feedback from LDG as to them receiving the equipment, what the turnaround time might be, status of the repair, etc. I did phone and they did tell me they received the tuner. After they had the tuner for a month, which seems a long time for a repair turnaround, I received an email from the company president saying my tuner could not be repaired and asking if I would like to buy an AT-200ProII at a steep discount. I said yes and LDG promptly sent me a new tuner. Total turn around time from failure to replacement, including shipping times, was five weeks.

My comment to the company would be that an email confirmation on receipt of returned product and a turnaround on repairs of something less than a month would make LDG go from only average customer service to excellent customer service. It would also be nice to sign your customer service emails with a name so one knows who is on the other end of the email. Make the customer feel less like a number and more like a valued customer.

I suspect, since it was a letter from the company president letting me know that I would need to buy a new tuner, that LDG is actually a very small company, with few employees and a reasonably large backlog of failed tuners they have to go through. You are just a number, because given the crush, they don't have the time or employees for anything else. So buyer beware. They try hard, but can only do so much with the resources they have.

I will buy from LDG again if required. The product generally works well enough.

The competition would be a quiet autotuner with quick, responsive, personal customer service when needed.

Does such a product/company exist?

KB9MVW Rating: 4/5 Feb 13, 2012 01:48 Send this review to a friend
Not bad  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For An auto tunner pretty darn good w a few glitches..It tunes just fine but to get the best swr you will at times have to manually adjust tunner. Also dosnt seem to remember the best settings for the band.Over all for the price it is a good auto tunner and is much better than auto tunners of the past.I have a 160m dipole and it will tune all bands.I recomend this product,but it could be improved.