Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG AT-200Pro Memory Autotuner Help

Reviews Summary for LDG AT-200Pro Memory Autotuner
LDG AT-200Pro Memory Autotuner Reviews: 89 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $249
Description: 5 to 250 watt autotuner (100W on 6M). 16,000 3-D memories, SWR and Power indicator, 2 position antenna switch, interfaces for all popular radios and 160 thru 6 meter coverage.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com

You can write your own review of the LDG AT-200Pro Memory Autotuner.

K0GV Rating: 3/5 Apr 7, 2012 10:21 Send this review to a friend
Tuner is good, but noisy. Customer service slow and impersonal  Time owned: more than 12 months
I owned an AT-200Pro (not the ProII) for about a year and a half until the smoke came out and it needed to be sent in for repair. It happens. Before the failure the tuner worked well. Know that the tuner is unexpectedly noisy from relay chatter when tuning. Be prepared for this if you purchase one. It is far from the rather quiet operation of many modern rigs' built in tuners. However, the 200Pro also has a much larger capability than many internal tuners. Given noise vs lesser capability, I chose noise.

My service experience was only fair given modern expectations.

I did contact LDG via email, as the tuner was having some issues before it finally died, and had a multiple email chat with someone at LDG customer service. They never identified themselves. It gave the company a very impersonal, "you are a number, get in line", feel.

The tuner was sent to LDG for repair.

One really doesn't get any feedback from LDG as to them receiving the equipment, what the turnaround time might be, status of the repair, etc. I did phone and they did tell me they received the tuner. After they had the tuner for a month, which seems a long time for a repair turnaround, I received an email from the company president saying my tuner could not be repaired and asking if I would like to buy an AT-200ProII at a steep discount. I said yes and LDG promptly sent me a new tuner. Total turn around time from failure to replacement, including shipping times, was five weeks.

My comment to the company would be that an email confirmation on receipt of returned product and a turnaround on repairs of something less than a month would make LDG go from only average customer service to excellent customer service. It would also be nice to sign your customer service emails with a name so one knows who is on the other end of the email. Make the customer feel less like a number and more like a valued customer.

I suspect, since it was a letter from the company president letting me know that I would need to buy a new tuner, that LDG is actually a very small company, with few employees and a reasonably large backlog of failed tuners they have to go through. You are just a number, because given the crush, they don't have the time or employees for anything else. So buyer beware. They try hard, but can only do so much with the resources they have.

I will buy from LDG again if required. The product generally works well enough.

The competition would be a quiet autotuner with quick, responsive, personal customer service when needed.

Does such a product/company exist?

KB9MVW Rating: 4/5 Feb 13, 2012 01:48 Send this review to a friend
Not bad  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For An auto tunner pretty darn good w a few glitches..It tunes just fine but to get the best swr you will at times have to manually adjust tunner. Also dosnt seem to remember the best settings for the band.Over all for the price it is a good auto tunner and is much better than auto tunners of the past.I have a 160m dipole and it will tune all bands.I recomend this product,but it could be improved.

W4DRH Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2011 09:45 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have a Kenwood TS-480HX, Buckmaster 6-80 meter Windom and the AT-200ProII tuner. Works great. Will buy from LDG again

MW1FJK Rating: 1/5 Nov 29, 2011 11:56 Send this review to a friend
Lasted 7 months then smoke  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Black box full of noise, clicking and clanking like an old Lister diesel. It worked after a fashion with my TS-480 HX but kept loosing tune. The last straw when mid click and clank, copious quantities of smoke poured out from it, then it clicked and clanked no more. LDG were about as useful as a bag of fighting feretts. Took great pleasue in throwing it in the trash. now gone back to my SGC 230 while I save for an MFJ-993B, after reading all the reviews it seems to be the way to go.

AE6ZW Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2011 08:18 Send this review to a friend
tune 66 ft wire ANT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have AT 200 pro ( not pro 2 ) , I have been using it with 100 wts radio with 66 ft. wire antenna for several years now. it tune from 80 mtr to 10 mtr ( my radio does not have 6 mtr to test ), I put padding inside to make relay noise quieter. I took pictures inside posted at http://aa7ol.no-ip.info/files/LDG_AT200PRO/

M0HEM Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2011 06:10 Send this review to a friend
m0hem  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great tuner I've only had it a couple of days and I wonder why I took so long to buy it This tuner has a great range and I believe it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. As for the noise I did not find it to be all that bad. I expected it to be noisy with all the relay switching but it is fairly quiet in my opinon and once the Freq is in the memory it only chatters for less than a second. This is the best 209.00 I have ever spent on a Tuner.

KB2EOQ Rating: 3/5 Sep 4, 2011 09:03 Send this review to a friend
Annoyingly old school  Time owned: more than 12 months
I think the device does its job, but the manual has to be one of the least helpful manuals I have ever encountered. The manual is probably written by someone who already knows how to operate, not written from the perspective of someone that has no clue. Even the youtube video is vague at times (e.g. the part where it tells you which button to press to select between ant 1 and ant 2 but fails to tell you which antenna the displayed LEDS indicate.
This device has many useful functions but the status of these numerous functions is indicate by a varying amount of LED displays. e.g a bunch of LEDs displayed to the left mean one thing, and a similar bunch to the right mean an other. The varying functions are achieved via 7 buttons on the device, there are multiple combinations possible. Think of that annoying digital watch that you have with four buttons, imagine how frustrated you would get with 7 buttons !
In the era of chip technology, surely they can come up with a method of displaying information in plain language, not a zillions flashing LEDS

KD0LAV Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2011 18:28 Send this review to a friend
Works great and GREAT customer service.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have used this tuner for almost a year now with no problems. This afternoon I was trying to tune for 6 meters on a HF9V. The antenna is not completely tuned yet as it is a new installation so the SWR is pretty high. It was taking a while to tune and then I started to get that smell of something getting hot. You know the smell we all hate! I unkeyed to stop the tuning and sticking my nose up to the unit confirmed something was getting warm. The unit continued to work fine on the other bands. I did send off an email and within a couple hours I had a reply back from them. Now this is a Sunday and the 4th of July holiday weekend! I wasn't expecting a reply till Tuesday. LDG assured me it was still under warranty if need be but since it's still working it should be ok. Thats the kind of support every business should give. Kudos to LDG!!

K5DDM Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2011 03:51 Send this review to a friend
Great Value  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this tuner for a year, and it has worked flawlessly. I run a 480HX and often feed it 200watts. It works a little while when initially tuning a band on a new antenna, but once it locks it in, it re-tunes in a heartbeat.
I recently bought an Eagle One portable vertical.
It tunes this antenna, with no ground radials or balun installed at the antenna. I bought the grounding package , but it is still sealed in plastic because this tuner matched it fine with out installing it. I made 4 EU contacts using this new portable antenna this past weekend, with little effort, on a bad DX day. I had previously run it on a 40m offcenter dipole, where it worked flawlessly for the past year.
The only downside...keep a manual near, to decode the LED menu items when makeing menu changes. Some single LED indicators for antenna 1 or 2, power range, and Autotune on would have been a big plus. For the money, you can't go wrong on this tunner.

ZL3AG Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2011 01:00 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a great tuner. I sit the IC7000 atop and it gets a fast accurate tune at all times on a wide range of antennas at this QTH. Would highly recommend. I like the ability to manually increment the "L: and "C" to deal to those awkward matches.