Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Elk Antennas 6 Element 220 ELK220L6 Help

Reviews Summary for Elk Antennas 6 Element 220 ELK220L6
Elk Antennas 6 Element 220 ELK220L6 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $64.95
Description: 7 dBd Gain, Weighs 1.5 lbs., Corrosion resistant aluminum alloy boom, Anodized color-coded aluminum elements, 3-minute assembly/disassembly time, 24+ dB front to back ratio, Stainless steel hardware, Designed for long life
More info: http://www.elkantennas.com/2206element.htm

You can write your own review of the Elk Antennas 6 Element 220 ELK220L6.

W6FQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2010 14:32 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: months
I just got a new 220 mhz radio and wanted to get on the air quickly. A friend of mine recommended the Elk antenna so I decided to give it a try.

Since I live in the Bay Area I called Ray and asked if I could come over and pick one up. I told him that I would be using the antenna mounted in the attic. He suggested that I point the antenna through a side wall rather than through the shake shingles cause they tend to hold moisture. I took his advice and I'm glad I did.

The repeater I was trying to work is only several miles away. I figured that with the high gain of this antenna it wouldn't be a problem. What amazes me is that I'm also hitting repeaters over 35 miles away and getting great signal reports. While mounted in the attic!

I would definitely recommend this antenna and this company.

K8LAB Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2008 14:03 Send this review to a friend
Well made great performer!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This antenna is a great performer for the size and weight. It sets up in two or three minutes and has a very versatile mount which works well for portable or permanent installation. It is easy to change polarization from vertical to horizontal with just a twist of the antenna in the mount.

I have at least one of every antenna made by Elk (one for over a year) and have been happy with the workmanship and attention to detail in all.

I can hit a repeater that is about 80 miles away with no problems at 25 watts and an Alinco DR235T radio on a 20 foot portable mast. The 220 6 element has been used primarily portable but I also have one mounted permanently which has made it through several wind storms so far (70 mph plus) with no damage.

I would recommend this antenna to anyone who is looking for a good directional gain type antenna for 220 MHz.

KG6MRC Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2005 18:28 Send this review to a friend
Super: up and running on repeaters I couldn't key up before!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
An early review of this product, having only installed it today. Very easy to assemble, I only needed to add some cheap mounting parts: I needed some 1" PVC pipe from hardware store, usual antenna brackets, wire ties - everything else was included and indeed it did assemble in 3 minutes as advertised!

I had been unable to get to the Condor system from San Francisco - I couldn't even key up the repeaters. With this antenna I can make Mt Vaca Condor repeater at 48 miles on 5W and am fully readable. Mt Hamilton at 55 miles was also in range, but not with readable audio (too much terrain in between I suspect).

I am planning to leave the antenna mounted, but may have to adjust height or take the antenna down when high winds are expected - this is a function of the antenna mounting I chose, not the product. I will update review as I gain more experience. So far an excellent product.