Reviews Categories | Keyers & CW Keyboards | ID-O-Matic by N0XAS Help

Reviews Summary for ID-O-Matic by N0XAS
ID-O-Matic by N0XAS Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $20.00
Description: It's a keyer, it's an HF or repeater ID'er, and MORE!
More info: http://www.hamgadgets.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=64

You can write your own review of the ID-O-Matic by N0XAS.

KD8AWZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2005 14:55 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you are considering buying either a PicoKeyer or the ID-O-Matic, please read all of this!

I ordered and just received both of these devices, and if they do half of what was advertised, I am sure I will be happy with them Ė but that isnít what you need to know. Dale, N0XAS, and customer service is what this is all about.

Before I finally bought the ID-O-Matic and PicoKeyer, I e-mailed Dale around a gazillion times with all kinds of questions, and a request that I was sure Dale would turn down.

I have a medical condition that also limits my dexterity and I can no longer build little kits like this, even as well laid out as Daleís kits are. I asked Dale if he sold the kits already assembled, or if he knew someone that could do the assembly for me.

I also told Dale that I wanted to power these off of my radio 12-volt power supply, and asked if I could do that. Not only did Dale do the assembly of both kits for me, he rigged up voltage regulator and set it all up for me!

I really donít think that Dale wants to get into the assembly business, but this is the kind of customer service he provides. He built them the same day I ordered, shipped them out the same day I ordered, and they were in my mailbox a few days later! Oh - did I mention he didnít charge extra for all this ďextraĒ service?

If you have need of a timer or a memory keyer, there are others you could buy, but if real customer support from the company that you buy from is important to you, there just isnít any better than HamGadgets and Dale!

WY3X Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2005 05:35 Send this review to a friend
Great shack accessory!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Every self-respecting amateur radio operator will want one of these kits to "play" with. You can use it to send CW using a computer keyboard. It has built-in memory which is programmable by an on-board serial port to set it up as a CW beacon transmitter keyer. It also can ID your radio or repeater. The big question is what can it -NOT- do? And the guy who runs the company, N0XAS, is quick on the e-mails if you have a problem. Service, if necessary, is beyond reproach. (Mine arrived with a bad crystal in the kit.) EASILY worth double the price! This would be a great "first kit" since the component count is very low, and the quality of the circuit board is high, and thus, easy to solder to. I heard they're banning lead solder soon (2007?), so best to get yours now while there is still plenty available. Once the lead is gone, soldering is going to be a whole lot more difficult!