Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | G2FHF Skyranger Pro Help

Reviews Summary for G2FHF Skyranger Pro
G2FHF Skyranger Pro Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: A multi-band vertical groundplane covering 40-10m. Virtually indestructable and rated at maximum legal power.
More info: http://www.g2fhf.com

You can write your own review of the G2FHF Skyranger Pro.

2E1LTT Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2005 14:45 Send this review to a friend
Great Vertical  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was lucky enough to get hold of one of the prototype antennas. Jon sure has done a great job designing this thing. We have very very strong winds here and I don't want to be out constantly getting the aerial down. This one is built with the elements acting as back stays on a yachts mast so it doesn't even move in the wind.

I found that the DX is easier to work than on my G5RV but the G5 is better for local stations on 40. I installed it fairly low to the ground, 8', but Jon told me that more I could make the radials slope down the lower the take off angle would be. I haven't had the chance to install it higher. I have worked my first stateside on 40m and some great DX on 20 and 15 with only 50w.

This antenna is going to be a dragon slayer and sit along side the big three.