Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Jetstream JTPS45 Help

Jetstream JTPS45 Reviews: 13 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $149.95
Description: # 13.8 VDC
# 45 Amp Surge
# 40 Amp Continuous
# Light Weight, only 8.8 lbs!
# Compact, only 8 7/8" x 4 1/2" x 8 1/2"
More info: http://www.jetstream-usa.com/jtps45.shtml

You can write your own review of the Jetstream JTPS45.

WD9RON Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2013 10:48 Send this review to a friend
GREAT SUPPLY  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've got 2 of these supplies and the only problem I've had with the first one was a bad lamp in the meter. Never had any problems with the other!! I've had astron's before but this is as good as them!! Get you one of these supplies and you'll love it! It handles all the amps for two meters I've got and more. This is the BEST for the price that I have found.

WK5H Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2012 08:52 Send this review to a friend
I'd buy another one  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this over a year ago since I have the TS-480HX.

This power supply stays powered on pretty much 24/7, and to this date, I've had NO problems at all with it. No issues with fluctuating power, lights going out, etc. like the other reviews mention.

It has no problem handling the demands of my 200w rig, along with an LDG tuner and misc other equipment.

I'm sure just like anything, there are some that were built with faults. Just happy that I haven't seen any in this one I've bought.

I wouldn't hesitate a second to buy another one if I needed it.

WA2HMM Rating: 0/5 Jun 26, 2011 01:08 Send this review to a friend
BAD choice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Out of the box it worked. After one month the output will not go above 11 Volts. It was purchased as the station MAIN supply. All I can do now is listen, none of the transmitters will operate at that low Voltage.

Has anybody fixed this supply, or is it destined for the dumpster?

I am going to try a Samlex unit, they seem to have better reviews.

W7DXW Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2010 16:23 Send this review to a friend
Update... 2nd post  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sales at Jet Stream is sending me two replacement lamps for the supply, both of which burned out within two days of each other some 6 months into daily use of the supply for about 12 hours per day, as mentioned in my more complete review below. The Sales department received my email very kindly, and did not ask how long I owned the supply, and simply offered to send me the lamps free of charge and free of shipping charges, last week. Very kind! They also informed me that there is not any LED replacement available, nor planned. So, I will make my own LED replacements from bright white LEDs and current-limiting resistor. I'll keep the spare bulbs on hand, but don't intend to use them, since I think LEDs will be superior in every way. Still, I'm touched by Sales's responsiveness and generosity. Will order a second copy of the supply and change its bulbs on arrival with my homebrew "LED-upgrade" solution. Maybe I'll post here a URL of details on what I cook up. Don't hesitate to grab one (or SOME) of these supplies while the economy is weak, and the price is still steady. Reminds me, I should place my order. No, I don't have stock in the company... . Hi.

K2HAT Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2010 16:49 Send this review to a friend
works great for me  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have had this for about 6 months now,
bought it from Radio-Oasis.com

No problems, nice to have the power lugs on the front, where I can get to them.

KB3SI Rating: 4/5 Mar 2, 2010 19:45 Send this review to a friend
So far so good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased this supply to replace an aging Astron that was starting to give me problems. Thought I would try a switching supply. This Jetsteam is very quiet with the fan barely audible. Lighted meters are a nice touch. My only complaint is that they use five way binding posts on the front of the unit instead of bolts on the back as does the Astron. Had to make up a new cable using modified banana plugs to plug into the front of the power supply.

KH2ZZ Rating: 0/5 Jun 29, 2009 04:54 Send this review to a friend
Cannot get to 13.8volts  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased this powers supply not too long ago and it was okey in the beginning, but not working good right now, it wont adjust to the desired volts even if i tried to adjust the knob. I hope i can get replacement for this. please email for assistance. kh2zz@yahoo.com

KI4VQP Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2009 02:40 Send this review to a friend
Great Supply  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used this one for a year. Rock solid, no noise induced, rarely even hear the fan turn on- even when tx for several minutes. it powers my ft450, ldg 200 pro, and other misc. equipment. Voltage doesn't fluctuate under load. Very pleased with the performance and price.

AB8RL Rating: 2/5 Nov 11, 2008 20:05 Send this review to a friend
Can't get 13.8 volts  Time owned: more than 12 months
My JTPS45 will not adjust over 12.5 volts - it was fine when first purchased - but maximum output only 12.5 volts now

KI4UGK Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2008 10:59 Send this review to a friend
Excellent P/S  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After a lot of research I narrowed my choices to a Ameritron or Jetstream. I am glad I chose the Jetstream. I have never had a power supply that was this quiet especially on HF bands.It works great.