Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Array Solutions Powermaster Help

Reviews Summary for Array Solutions Powermaster
Array Solutions Powermaster Reviews: 193 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $400.00
Description: 5% accuracy, temperature and frequency compensated, 1.8-54 MHz, peak-hold modes, bargraph display of power and SWR for easy antenna system matching, PC programmable via RS232, more.

I use two of these meters in my own station, no suprises there for sure, they are great! But we're adding features you may want to know about. The accuracy is NOW 3% with our HP equipment technique which calibrates out more uncertainty. The coupler heads are interchangeable from HF to uWaves with the new LITE 3.0, and all instruments in the field will be upgradable to a new feature, the COUPLER SCANNER. It will automatically scan multiple couplers for you. Pretty cool stuff. AND more features to come.

More info: http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/powermaster.htm#top%20of%20page

You can write your own review of the Array Solutions Powermaster.

K3XT Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2014 08:09 Send this review to a friend
Four Antennas Monitored  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
What a well designed power/swr meter. I had an accuracy issue. Called Array Solutions and Bob answered on the first ring. Simple solution, dedicate a 12 volt power source for the meter, problem solved. Called Array Solutions to order another PowerMaster II because I have 4 antennas and the amplifier controls all the antenna switching. Once again Bob tells me how one meter can display the power/swr for 4 antennas. He sent me three more couplers (all matched) with the needed cabling. Followed his instructions and it all worked.

KB1PDG Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2014 09:01 Send this review to a friend
Powermaster II  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the powermaster II inline with my ft-1000d and fl-7000 amp. I use a dentron super tuner to tune various vertical and wire antennas and tuning is very easy using the antenna tuning setting on the powermaster II. It displays a bar graph of your reflected power and you can just watch the graph as you tune to the lowest reflected power, rather than needing to watch numbers. Extremely fast reading in the normal setting. Just blip the key in cw mode and you'll have a power and swr reading displayed instantly. I need to get the VHF module for my ft-736 now.

WB4IVF Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2013 02:29 Send this review to a friend
Powermaster Shows Events Most Other Meters Miss  Time owned: more than 12 months
Some other reviewers noted that the Poewrmaster is fast, but I didn't realize how useful that would be until I got mine. Speed really sets my 2 Powermasters apart from my other SWR/Wattmeters. They show events that are completely invisible to the other meters. For example, the overshoot on my IC-7400 and the switching of the RF sensing switch I use to switch between the transmit and receive antennas connected to my tube transceiver. And of course one "dit" on the key and you get an instantaneous reading. Fine product.

K6USN Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2013 11:42 Send this review to a friend
Very Useful Hamshack Accessory  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My quest for an accurate, reliable SWR/watt meter has been a long one. Most have a 10% +/-
accuracy at best, and then only under full load.
I have purchased a variety of models but never quite trusted the readings.

I always consult e Ham to see what other hams have learned, and was impressed with the ratings for the Array Solutions PowerMaster. I invested in the new PowerMaster II and am very pleased with the build quality, accuracy, and customer support-I had a question and had a response from
Bob at Array Solutions within a half hour.
This meter will be front and center in my station for a long time to come. Don't know how I went this long without one.

W5UDX Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2013 15:52 Send this review to a friend
Awesome as usual  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Jay, you continue to build quality products. I bought the VFD swr/watt mtrs years ago and liked them, but the display was pretty small vs the Power Master. Soon as you made the Power Master, I just had to have one. I sold out of radio and got rid of everything in 2009 but have started back into the hobby again and building another station. Once again the Power Master 2 is top notch. I have the 3k coupler and the vhf 1.5k coupler and they both work with the Power Master 2 display perfectly. Anyone wanting the very best swr/watt meter out there you will not be disappointed for HF and VHF.

N2EHG Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2012 01:44 Send this review to a friend
great unit  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have several Powermasters. My first unit was purchased when they first came out, years ago. My concern was to obtain an affordable, unit that was both fast and accurate. Accuracy is very important, as is it's ability to hold that calibration(to me).

Happy to say that when I brought home rather expensive commercial gear to do some side by side testing the Powermaster was always spot on.

It has some nice features that go a bit beyond simple swr readings . It also has a serial connection to connect to your pc.

N3ZC Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2012 04:27 Send this review to a friend
Still working flawlessly!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had mine for 2 years now and still works flawlessly. I have the High SWR alarm configured and it instantly disconnects my amp if the SWR goes over 2.0 (though it's rarely over 1.5). It has saved my butt a few times (when I forgot to change the band on the amp), and, it really comes in handy if I want to tune the amp manually instead of using the band presets. Worth every penny!.. Tom N3ZC

W8FCD Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2011 04:52 Send this review to a friend
Well Honed Piece of Equipment  Time owned: more than 12 months
Having owned the Powermaster for over a year I can honestly report it's a well-built piece of equipment. I hesitated at first, balking at the price, but once installed, I realized the old addage, "you get what you pay for". It responds quickly and accurately and does everything stated on the spec sheet. I'm spoiled! Without it in the shack would be compared to driving today's vehicle without power steering, brakes, windows ... you get my drift.

M0CKP Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2011 11:40 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
very good works well.

W4PIG Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2011 08:33 Send this review to a friend
GREAT WATTMETER ARRAY SOULITIONS POWERMASTER 2  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I HAVE THE ARRAY SOULITION POWERMASTER 2 THE NEW VERISION WHAT A GREAT WATTMETER. THE SIZE OF THE DISPLAY VERY NICE WITH A LOTS OF DIFFERENT FEATURES. I PURCHASED A NEW ALPHA 4520 WATTMETER WHAT A PIECE OF JUNK THIS WATTMETER IS A CUT ABOVE THE ALPHA. THANKS BOB FOR GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE 73S