Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Array Solutions Powermaster Help

Reviews Summary for Array Solutions Powermaster
Array Solutions Powermaster Reviews: 201 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $400.00
Description: 5% accuracy, temperature and frequency compensated, 1.8-54 MHz, peak-hold modes, bargraph display of power and SWR for easy antenna system matching, PC programmable via RS232, more.

I use two of these meters in my own station, no suprises there for sure, they are great! But we're adding features you may want to know about. The accuracy is NOW 3% with our HP equipment technique which calibrates out more uncertainty. The coupler heads are interchangeable from HF to uWaves with the new LITE 3.0, and all instruments in the field will be upgradable to a new feature, the COUPLER SCANNER. It will automatically scan multiple couplers for you. Pretty cool stuff. AND more features to come.

More info: http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/powermaster.htm#top%20of%20page

You can write your own review of the Array Solutions Powermaster.

WA3HDW Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2016 05:45 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased the PowerMaster II for use in my station as well as testing antennas at International Antenna Company (IAC). The meter is extremely accurate and very easy to use in both applications. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a watt and SWR meter with great features.

VK4NM Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2016 21:34 Send this review to a friend
WOW  Time owned: more than 12 months
All I can really say is WOW what a meter. Makes tuning my old Drake L4B a pleasure. I use it with the CPU interface - the meter readout is right in front of me on the computer so when I'm in those mad pileups I can quickly see if my SWR decides to play up. I cannot say enough about this meter or the support you get from Array Solutions - yet another great product from Jay and his team.

KB8NTY Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2015 20:32 Send this review to a friend
*EXCELLENT*  Time owned: more than 12 months
Really not much more can be said that has not been already.

Every feature-function & experience has been addressed.

I just wanted to complement the customer service that this company provides...In addition to the quality of equipment they offer, the service they offer is without peer.

It's been my first hand experience which has not been matched ever by any other manufacturer and or distributor.

It is this very important component of a business that sadly today is overlooked..not by Jay and his staff...They value you and let you know.

This is why Array Solutions will endure.

Congrats to this company!

AE7KB Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2015 02:11 Send this review to a friend
Fast and Accurate  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
About six weeks prior to this writing, I took delivery of a new Powermaster II. Maybe a bit pricy at the current rate of $525.00 but worth every dime. Thanks to this unit, I now know that the Alpha 76PA I purchased last November is in much better working condition than I thought. This is due to the fast action and superior accuracy of the PM II as compared to the original analog meters. Tuning the amp with a series of dits or quick blips with the PTT foot switch in CW mode is quick, painless and the tubes barely warm beyond normal idle temperature.

One of it's best features is the ability to mount the sensor in the coax six feet or more from the meter itself instead of running high power RF through it like most others.

My hat's off to Array Solutions for a good product that not only works as advertised but exceeds expectations.

W0CZE Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2015 19:50 Send this review to a friend
OLD BUT GREAT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I HAVE SERIAL NUMBER 193. IT HAS WORKED FLAWLESS FOR YEARS. I RECENTLY BLEW THE COUPLER. OPERATOR INDUCED FAILURE. CALLED JAY AND HE SAID SEND IT IN AND HE WOULD UPDATE THE FIRMWARE AND FIX THE COUPLER. RETURNED TO ME RE-CALIBRATED -- RUNNING LIKE NEW. NO CHARGE.
THANKS JAY
NOW THAT IS CUSTOMER SUPPORT

W3NRL Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2015 13:03 Send this review to a friend
Not just a meter but a tool  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I picked up a PowerMaster version I,
now even thought this is not the newest unit the unit is superb and the fast info you needed with a quick glimps at the info screen, which there are several.
Iam thrilled i got this Array Solutions Powermaster. Now I have to save for the new PowermasterII.
I recommend picking up one used or new
you wont be sorry.

RUSS324 Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2015 20:35 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic meter!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own an original Power master meter that has been in service for 5 years. No problems and still works perfectly today. I decided I needed a good meter when I purchased an AL 1500 amp. It makes tuning my amp a real joy.
2 weeks ago I purchased a Power master II meter to go with my new AL-82 amplifier. Meter works perfectly. I like to watch the meter while talking on SSB. It's nice to see your actual peak in real time.
I would HIGHLY recommend this meter.
Russ. K8QF

M0HDX Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2014 11:25 Send this review to a friend
creme de la creme  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my power master 2 for one year now and it still works flawlessly.Some of the features I like are the Fast,accurate readouts,High swr alarm and the Large display for easy viewing.

This really is a great product and looks so cool in operation.

193 reviews 5/5 says it all. You wont be disappointed.

jim M0HDX

K3XT Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2014 08:09 Send this review to a friend
Four Antennas Monitored  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
What a well designed power/swr meter. I had an accuracy issue. Called Array Solutions and Bob answered on the first ring. Simple solution, dedicate a 12 volt power source for the meter, problem solved. Called Array Solutions to order another PowerMaster II because I have 4 antennas and the amplifier controls all the antenna switching. Once again Bob tells me how one meter can display the power/swr for 4 antennas. He sent me three more couplers (all matched) with the needed cabling. Followed his instructions and it all worked.

W1PDG Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2014 09:01 Send this review to a friend
Powermaster II  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the powermaster II inline with my ft-1000d and fl-7000 amp. I use a dentron super tuner to tune various vertical and wire antennas and tuning is very easy using the antenna tuning setting on the powermaster II. It displays a bar graph of your reflected power and you can just watch the graph as you tune to the lowest reflected power, rather than needing to watch numbers. Extremely fast reading in the normal setting. Just blip the key in cw mode and you'll have a power and swr reading displayed instantly. I need to get the VHF module for my ft-736 now.