Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Array Solutions Powermaster Help

Reviews Summary for Array Solutions Powermaster
Array Solutions Powermaster Reviews: 201 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $525.
Description: 5% accuracy, temperature and frequency compensated, 1.8-54 MHz, peak-hold modes, bargraph display of power and SWR for easy antenna system matching, PC programmable via RS232, more.

I use two of these meters in my own station, no suprises there for sure, they are great! But we're adding features you may want to know about. The accuracy is NOW 3% with our HP equipment technique which calibrates out more uncertainty. The coupler heads are interchangeable from HF to uWaves with the new LITE 3.0, and all instruments in the field will be upgradable to a new feature, the COUPLER SCANNER. It will automatically scan multiple couplers for you. Pretty cool stuff. AND more features to come.

More info: http://www.arraysolutions.com/pm2-3k-so?search=Pow&page=4

You can write your own review of the Array Solutions Powermaster.

WB4IVF Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2013 02:29 Send this review to a friend
Powermaster Shows Events Most Other Meters Miss  Time owned: more than 12 months
Some other reviewers noted that the Poewrmaster is fast, but I didn't realize how useful that would be until I got mine. Speed really sets my 2 Powermasters apart from my other SWR/Wattmeters. They show events that are completely invisible to the other meters. For example, the overshoot on my IC-7400 and the switching of the RF sensing switch I use to switch between the transmit and receive antennas connected to my tube transceiver. And of course one "dit" on the key and you get an instantaneous reading. Fine product.

K6USN Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2013 11:42 Send this review to a friend
Very Useful Hamshack Accessory  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My quest for an accurate, reliable SWR/watt meter has been a long one. Most have a 10% +/-
accuracy at best, and then only under full load.
I have purchased a variety of models but never quite trusted the readings.

I always consult e Ham to see what other hams have learned, and was impressed with the ratings for the Array Solutions PowerMaster. I invested in the new PowerMaster II and am very pleased with the build quality, accuracy, and customer support-I had a question and had a response from
Bob at Array Solutions within a half hour.
This meter will be front and center in my station for a long time to come. Don't know how I went this long without one.

W5UDX Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2013 15:52 Send this review to a friend
Awesome as usual  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Jay, you continue to build quality products. I bought the VFD swr/watt mtrs years ago and liked them, but the display was pretty small vs the Power Master. Soon as you made the Power Master, I just had to have one. I sold out of radio and got rid of everything in 2009 but have started back into the hobby again and building another station. Once again the Power Master 2 is top notch. I have the 3k coupler and the vhf 1.5k coupler and they both work with the Power Master 2 display perfectly. Anyone wanting the very best swr/watt meter out there you will not be disappointed for HF and VHF.

N2EHG Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2012 01:44 Send this review to a friend
great unit  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have several Powermasters. My first unit was purchased when they first came out, years ago. My concern was to obtain an affordable, unit that was both fast and accurate. Accuracy is very important, as is it's ability to hold that calibration(to me).

Happy to say that when I brought home rather expensive commercial gear to do some side by side testing the Powermaster was always spot on.

It has some nice features that go a bit beyond simple swr readings . It also has a serial connection to connect to your pc.

N3ZC Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2012 04:27 Send this review to a friend
Still working flawlessly!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had mine for 2 years now and still works flawlessly. I have the High SWR alarm configured and it instantly disconnects my amp if the SWR goes over 2.0 (though it's rarely over 1.5). It has saved my butt a few times (when I forgot to change the band on the amp), and, it really comes in handy if I want to tune the amp manually instead of using the band presets. Worth every penny!.. Tom N3ZC

W8FCD Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2011 04:52 Send this review to a friend
Well Honed Piece of Equipment  Time owned: more than 12 months
Having owned the Powermaster for over a year I can honestly report it's a well-built piece of equipment. I hesitated at first, balking at the price, but once installed, I realized the old addage, "you get what you pay for". It responds quickly and accurately and does everything stated on the spec sheet. I'm spoiled! Without it in the shack would be compared to driving today's vehicle without power steering, brakes, windows ... you get my drift.

M0CKP Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2011 11:40 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
very good works well.

W4PIG Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2011 08:33 Send this review to a friend
GREAT WATTMETER ARRAY SOULITIONS POWERMASTER 2  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I HAVE THE ARRAY SOULITION POWERMASTER 2 THE NEW VERISION WHAT A GREAT WATTMETER. THE SIZE OF THE DISPLAY VERY NICE WITH A LOTS OF DIFFERENT FEATURES. I PURCHASED A NEW ALPHA 4520 WATTMETER WHAT A PIECE OF JUNK THIS WATTMETER IS A CUT ABOVE THE ALPHA. THANKS BOB FOR GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE 73S

W7CPA Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2011 13:42 Send this review to a friend
Best in Class  Time owned: more than 12 months
Continuous duty for 2+ years and no problems. Superb performance and features. Latest release includes a handy menu option to refresh the little dots on the display back to like new intensity.

K5YY Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2011 18:18 Send this review to a friend
Just simply the best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I will make this brief. The Power Master is the only wattmeter accessory you will need in your station lineup, unless you need several for many station positions. The Power Master is so informative, quick, great pixel readouts, multiple functions to control your amplifier in case of high SWR or too high a power output, etc. The SECOND part of my review involves the Customer Support which I consider the ABSOLUTE best in the ham radio industry! I have been a ham for 53 years and have had almost all the equipment that has come out since the late 1950s. Customer Service is SO important in selecting a company to buy from, even if the product itself is excellent. There are only 2-3 companies that I have always respected the "after the sale" service and support structure. Array Solution is my #1 in Customer Support. They go BEYOND the norm to make things right throughout the life of the products they sell. Bob and Jay are in an elite group when it comes to integrity and willingness to help after the sale.