Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | AEA LA-30 Help

Reviews Summary for AEA LA-30
AEA LA-30 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $1,395.00
Description: Single 3-500z, desktop linear amplifier

You can write your own review of the AEA LA-30.

T32AI Rating: 2/5 Feb 18, 2012 23:41 Send this review to a friend
Poor design  Time owned: more than 12 months
meter is in tube circuit without protection, burns it out. control circuit fails. caps dried out after 5 yrs. AEA out of biz, nobody supports repair nor parts

WH7A Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2007 20:28 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice Amplifier!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'll be giving two reviews. This first one is the initial physical impression of the amp. This desktop amp I purchased appears to be unused, or only lightly used. It is in excellent condition and is very solidly built. The chassis, front and rear panel and cabinet are constructed of heavy-gauge anodized aluminum. All the controls and switchgear work smoothly and are clearly labeled. The single Eimac 3-500Z will run 1,200 watts input from 120 vac. There is built-in QSK and full coverage from 160 to 10 meters.
I'm very happy to have this fine amplifier. It fits my station and should provide years of good service. It was designed in the USA by AEA and built in Canada.

WB7QXU Rating: 5/5 Sep 11, 2005 22:41 Send this review to a friend
Nice single tube amp  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This amp I had used for 6 months and wish I had kept it. I borrowed it from KU7I, and wish I had bought it.He sold it to someone else, I thought I would not need an amp for 160m, but I have many amps but none for 160m, Now I want an amp for 160m. It is just like a Heathkit SB1000, and similar to Drake L-75. A single tube 3-500z. a swamping resistor in the input so can take 100w in. it was a great 1000w out 800w out in cw. I have been searching to get one again. Nice 160-10m amp. works well on warc too. I have regreted losing it. It was a well built amp and well designed. Hard to find a good 160m-10 amp single tube 3-500z. It was made to last, and newer amps are not quite as built. IF you can find one get one. for the price they can't be beat.