Reviews Categories | Filters, RF: bandpass, duplexer, lowpass, highpass, RFI/EMI, e | Palomar Engineering Help

Reviews Summary for Palomar Engineering
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$25.00
Description: Ferrite beads, cores and torrids
More info: http://www.palomar-engineers.com/

You can write your own review of the Palomar Engineering.

KG6ABF Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2014 12:26 Send this review to a friend
RFI Kits  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
New neighbor bought a 70" Plasma TV. 50' from my shack, needless to say after dealing with a 20 dB over S-9 noise whenever it had it one, I finally contacted Bob AK6R at Palomar. He suggested several chokes and ferrite filters. Not only did it get rid of the Plasma noise it reduced the overall noise floor to boot. I have since followed his advice and put the rest of the RFI kits on the other accessories in the shack and further reduced or completely eliminated additional noise.

These kits are cheap. Call Bob and explain your situation, he can provide advice and if needed the necessary chokes and filters to work out most any issue whether it is RFI, noise, etc.,

Over the past few months have had QSOs with others with similar problems, suggested the same thing. It is cool to find out that some had followed the advice I gave them and did away with their issues. A couple of the people regularly get on some well known nets and now are promoting these kits as I did when I first found out about them. Gland to see it happening since the solution is easy and doesn't wind up costing much nor take much time to employ.

KD6HYA Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2005 09:05 Send this review to a friend
Useful RFI help  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well, I finally bought an amp - Heath SB-200. Shortly after this, I realized that feeding Sterba Curtains with ladder-line near the house will cause RFI. The phone, computer and stereo were all squawking - 15 meters was the worst offender. I emailed Jack. He said that it's probably just too much RF from the antenna and feedline into the house wiring. He suggested his RFI Kit. This kit fixed everything except the 900 mhz portable phone. I had to put back the old cable-connected phone and put some ferrite beads on the wire. I live in the boondocks - no neighbors. It might require a lot of these kits if you live in the city. Five stars to Palomar Engineering for this product.
73, iggy K6HYA

KG8JF Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2005 16:59 Send this review to a friend
What they do  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the RFI-1 kit from Jack, and while it did not completely solve my problem, it sure got me on the right track. The purchase and installation of two more torrids finally solved the problem. These torrids were over and above those included in the rfI-1 kit. Jack provided great service in the solution of this problem