Reviews Categories | Filters, AC Line | Morgan Mfg (formerly ICE) AC Line/EMI Filter, 400 Series Help

Reviews Summary for Morgan Mfg (formerly ICE) AC Line/EMI Filter, 400 Series
Morgan Mfg (formerly ICE) AC Line/EMI Filter, 400 Series Reviews: 9 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $75.00
Description: Model 472, 40A, 120V, 3 Wire
AC Line Filter/Overvoltage Protection Assembly
More info: http://www.morganmfg.us

You can write your own review of the Morgan Mfg (formerly ICE) AC Line/EMI Filter, 400 Series.

KM6CZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2011 16:05 Send this review to a friend
Great Filter and Co.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using one of these filters for a few years now. Not sure why, but one of the components inside the filter decided to self destruct. Sent email inquiry to purchase replacement parts... they wouldn't have it; sent me parts for free including extras. Can't beat that kind of service these days.

W4TQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2010 17:42 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Filter - Excellent Construction  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I didn't hear about these filters until recently. I was looking around the internet catalogs, and I finally found these reveiews on eHam. I am very glad. These are better than anything else I could find.

I opened the filter to check the quality and workmanship--it was excellent. The design and construction of the box is also excellent. These people know what they are doing.

The technical articles on their website are very good, and cover a variety of interference and equipment protection issues.

I'm going to be buying other products from their catalog.

Dan - W4TQ

K9EX Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2008 17:31 Send this review to a friend
An Excellent AC Line Filter That Really Works  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My I.C.E. filter is one of those very few shack accessories that has made a dramatic difference for a modest investment.

I live in a +100 year old home with good, but older 2-wire AC wiring. I was tolerating fairly constant noise levels of S3 to S5, so I finally decided to order an I.C.E AC line filter (2-wire model) to see if it could help.

The results were both immediate and impressive. My noise level dropped considerably and now varies from zero to S2. It's great to have 20, 15 and 10 relatively noise free (despite the low sun spots!).

The I.C.E. filter is a great value and highly recommended!

NE5C Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2007 15:46 Send this review to a friend
Very Fine, I am a Believer also  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I Read about the ICE models and then purchased the 473 with 6 outlets, I noticed a difference with my Yaesu 1000MP Mk V Field in Comparison as soon as I swapped to the I.C.E. outlet! Very well designed and this toy my friends - has no doubt become another "FAVORITE" of mine. I am very pleased with my purchase.

TBAATAR Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2007 17:36 Send this review to a friend
I.C.E 473  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After reading the reviews here, I decided to go ahead and get the ice473, and I can say it does a fantastic job at keeping down the hum..pops.. and noise that is interfering in my shortwave radio listening, I live in an apt, in las vegas, the light pollution and EMI capital of the world {or so it would seem} after plugging in the very well made unit and hooking up my radios, the noise levels went down a LOT, now when I flick on a light switch I don't cringe at the sound my radios made as if I was going to blow a fuse,
it's worth every penny!
thanks I.C.E !

N0AH Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2007 16:10 Send this review to a friend
Cures a lot of garbage-Buy one!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the big gun so to say of the 400 series. The 473C-3 AC Line Filter. It cost me $86.00 and has really cleaned up a lot of noise but not on every band. 30M has been renewed. Quiet, clean, and fun again. But 40M still has those spaced noise spikes but now I know it is most likely not from inside the shack. 20M and 80M are once again free of noise spikes. And 10M and 15M never had them. Something so simple cured so much- I have always been pleased with ICE products- and now I am sold on AC line filters. I only have my big screen tv, cable box, DVD player, computer monitor, computer, rotor and transformer now plugged into the 473-3. That about does it-

KC7KZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2006 06:33 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Had power line noise issues. Picked up a 400 Series line filter after a lot of research and talking with ICE. Fast shipping. Wow, what a difference. Reciever noise down several S units. Now I have two and use not only with shack gear, but with home electronics as well. Good quality build and very knowledgable folks. Thanks ICE.

K4QVK Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2005 15:50 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It works great! No computer noise and the noise
level is down 2 to 3 S units on my TS-570D

AE4YZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2005 15:02 Send this review to a friend
Quiets background noise on receive.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a quality product that is easy to install and provides instant gradification. I have been bothered for years by power line noise that registers S5 - S7 on my Icom 775-DSP S-meter. The DSP noise limiter had little effect. I installed the Mod. 472 on the wall behind my rig, grounded it to the station ground system, plugged it into a 120V receptacle and plugged the power cords from three pieces of equipment into the 472. When I powered-up the Icom, the S-meter registered S-2, a three S-unit reduction in the background noise! I can now enjoy my sensitive receiver and plan to spend more time on the air. Note that I am offering this information in an effort to assist those Hams with similar problems and I do not guarantee the product durability, function or compatibility with anyone elses equipment. I can just say, "It Works For Me". See the I.C.E. website for more information.