Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | OptiBeam OB6-2W (high performing duobander 12-10m) Help

Reviews Summary for OptiBeam OB6-2W (high performing duobander 12-10m)
OptiBeam OB6-2W (high performing duobander 12-10m) Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $620
Description: Description: Extremely efficient trapless Yagi for the unique coverage of the bands 12 and 10m.
4el on 10m and 4el on 12m (using the 10m directors).
In combination with the OB12-4W an unbeatable 6 band system!!!
Broadband single 50 Ohm coax cable feed system by the "OptiBeam direct coupled driver feed system".
A pile up driller for the high bands!
More info: http://www.optibeam.de

You can write your own review of the OptiBeam OB6-2W (high performing duobander 12-10m).

G3UEG Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2014 07:56 Send this review to a friend
Excellent design, build and performance  Time owned: months
Installed in mid-January to make the most of this sunspot cycle. It replaced a Cobwebb antenna (a set of nested bent dipoles).

This has been my third OptiBeam antenna and as usual Tom was quick, and helpful in answering questions before I decided to buy.

Because of my small garden it is mounted in a less than ideal position, at only 10m high, on a mast attached to the house, so it is fairly close to the roof of the house. This did affect the resonant point on 12m which was a bit below the bottom of the band, but the SWR across the band was still less than 1.35 to 1. (10m was spot on)

Despite the mounting location it has performed remarkably well. In just over 3 months I have worked 200 DXCCs on 10m and 172 on 12m. For comparison, in the whole of 2013 I only worked 153 DXCCs on 10m and 127 on 12m with the Cobwebb antenna. Having the extra gain and directivity certainly makes a difference in being able to work the DX.

Highly recommended to make the most of the mediocre peak of this sunspot cycle

73, Dave G3UEG

I7WXB Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2007 02:57 Send this review to a friend
GREAT PERFORMANCES  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
To complete the bands after OB10-3W,on a second tower,I decided to put on the OB6 2W a small 6 elements but 4 elements for each band.
Once more great performances,no antenna tuner,noise level lower than in th past with traps antennas.The propagation is down,you know,but when is open big signals and nices reports from everywhere.
Many tanks TOM,quality and engineering very well done.

IZ5DKJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2005 15:35 Send this review to a friend
Great OB6-2W !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Now my "combo" is complete,
finally OptiBeam OB6-2W + OB10-3W is on my tower!

Exceptional antenna for only 4,44 boom length,
good F/B and gain also.
Now i can work on 10/12 meter with a good report
from all over the world

You can see at http://www.ir3ip.net/iz5dkj/

Thank you very much Thomas for this atypical but
solid and performer duoband antenna.
73 Simone IZ5DKJ

K2YU Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2005 09:14 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Performance - Excellent Value!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
OptiBeam's OB6-2W

In the fall of 2004 I purchased the OB6B+ antenna system which consists of the OB12-4W (for 40/20/17/15 meters) and the new OB6-2W (for 10/12 meters). While both antennas can be purchased and used separately I decided to use them in combination to cover all bands from 40 to10 meters.

My full review of the OB6B+ can be found under the section for the OB12-4W so I will not duplicate it here. Most of what I have posted there applies equally to both antennas.

However, I would like to point out that the OB6-2W is a highly efficient, compact, well designed and constructed dual bander for the 10 and 12 meter bands. As we approach the low point of this solar cycle, the OB6-2W's performance will certainly help compensate for the low sun spot numbers. Also, I am very optimistic and look forward to working some extreme DX using the OB6-2W when the 10 and 12 meter bands open up again in the years to come.

As with the OB12-4W, the OB6-2W is a definite 5 star antenna. It appears that once again OptiBeam has produced a winner.

I wish you good DX!