Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Logger Help

Reviews Summary for Logger
Logger Reviews: 34 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $0.00
Description: TNC User and Logging software.
More info: http://www.logger32.net

You can write your own review of the Logger.

K2GW Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2006 09:13 Send this review to a friend
Great, but Logger32 is better  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've loved using Logger for six years and recently upgraded to Logger32. Most of the issues folks have had with Logger have been addressed in the new system.

Conversion and set-up will take a day or so, but you'll really like the new system.

Thanks to Bob for giving away the best general purpose logging programs available.

Gary, K2GW

KC0GLA Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2005 11:24 Send this review to a friend
Free loging softwar that dosent suck.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this for general logging for years. It interfaces to my radio for automatic frequency input and it is stable. I have loged many entries and have not had any problems.

It is not a contest logging program instead use N1MM Log for those contests. It does have a satelite tracker for a single satelite at a time. It did take a while to figure how to update the keps. For the most part it works great.

I have not tried the new Logger32 since this program works fine.

ON4MGY Rating: 4/5 Aug 25, 2003 15:02 Send this review to a friend
Almost Great software !!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I would like to give a 4.5 but since I must choose between 4 and 5 I'll rate it a 4.
The software is easy and performs great. Unfortunately, you can't add the grid squares you're working. When I'm using amateur satellites in FM mode (uo-14/ao-27), the results aren't calculated in the stats, with ssb sat's they are.
Dispite these minor faults, it's great software and I like it a lot!!
Best 73 de ON4MGY Nic

KQ7W Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2003 16:19 Send this review to a friend
Nice and efficient.. good looks  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
great piece of software for everyday logging, very modular and I presume there will be more 3rd party modules popping out.
congrats for a great piece of soft, and thanks to the author and the Team

Matt

W8BYH Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2003 13:02 Send this review to a friend
Works Great!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Been using Logger for about 8 months now and have nothing but praise for the program. Even if you remove the price from the evaluation, this is still a great program. Yes, it has a 'clunky' interface that breaks all current Windoze 'look and feel' conventions, but keep in mind that the program dates from the early days of Windows, long before current standards were established. What's great about this program is that all the 'bits 'n pieces' work well, work as advertised, and the software is stable. What first sold me on Logger was that it was one of the first programs that interfaced with the TT Jupiter, and I continue to use it because it gets the job done. If you experience any problems with Logger there is a large user base that hangs out on Yahoo groups and will most likely provide the answer you need ASAP.

The Logger author, Bob Furzer, has stopped development on Logger (current version is 8.07) and will soon release a new, 32 bit version (Logger 32) as freeware. Stay tuned!

ONL5183 Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2002 22:50 Send this review to a friend
Whaow, simple and efficient  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the first serious ham software I installed after have searched some weeks for a complete product, good-loocking, using a simple interface, including databases and a good managing/searching tool.

I appreciate Logger because it is free of charge, then for the ease of use (you push on a button to create a QSOand do not have to scroll a menu and select and subkey, nothing can be faster) and at last for its online databases.

But after a while I decided to change for DX4Win (see my review on this web) because Logger is much slower, without integrated map of the earth and its also because its databases are either not complete or not updatable.

IMHO, among the loging software it stays however in second position behind DX4Win due to its simplicity.

Thierry
ONL5183

WW3S Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2002 10:50 Send this review to a friend
good job, with a sense of humor  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
You simply can't beat the price! I've tried a lot of different software and wish I had tried this one before I shelled out cash for some other over priced stuff. This can't be beat for qsling via the bureau; its a snap to enter cards and either export the labels or print from within the program. Radio and packet interface is suberb. Award tracking ( at least for DXCC, thats the only one I tried) is great. It may look a little "clunky" but it works great. As far as the error message being rude, see for yourself: I tried a dx spot yesterday and didn't have the freq entered; the response back was "Now theres an idea; a DX spot without a frequency" Rude?? I don't think so; I think it shows the author has a sense of humor. No written manual? Nope but neither did 2 expensive (50.00++) logging programs I just purchased. All in all, I don't think you can go wrong with this one.

AD6WL Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2002 18:01 Send this review to a friend
Great Deal.  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's not perfect, but it is the best you will get for free by far. It is great for your general logging needs. It will track DXCC, WAS, etc. The price can't be beat. Many tnx to the author.

IN3ASW Rating: 4/5 Feb 26, 2002 09:17 Send this review to a friend
Logger leaves you time to work Dx's  Time owned: more than 12 months
I tried them all, both free & commercial ones.
For my needs, it's doing the job !
Works flawless, and gives you all you need.
Simple and essential, and lets me focusing on the
radio rather than on the PC .

Wishlist :
- improve QSL printing (i'm using BV6)
- few search functions (Call,date,Iota,Dxcc)

EA6LP Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2001 13:14 Send this review to a friend
very usefull and easy  Time owned: more than 12 months
At first I was not very much confident, but when I saw his possibilities for working CW, RTTY, PSK 31, etc.etc. I found it is great. No failure at all in this time. Allways I find something new wich improves it. If had contest features, will be "forever".
I will like better information in order to take his full potential, I think I use it only his 50%.
Here in EA6-land at least 4 companions are using
it since I saw an information in RADIAFICCIONADOS
( URE monthly magazin). Good work Bob, Congratulations.