Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Logger Help

Reviews Summary for Logger
Logger Reviews: 34 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $0.00
Description: TNC User and Logging software.
More info: http://www.logger32.net

You can write your own review of the Logger.

F5NZY Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2001 06:40 Send this review to a friend
My Favorite One!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Logger is my favorite logging program. I use it for years. It is completely Free! I love its ergonomy! I use Logger also for PSK31, the macros are very simple to use, and well explained in the help file... I should appreciate more awards, and more digital modes using the soundcard.
I am with a DSL connexion at home, so Telnet is very useful for the DXCluster (thanks GB7DJK). 73's de Steph, F5NZY

KC2GDG Rating: 4/5 Nov 19, 2001 15:53 Send this review to a friend
Everything I need ... *ALMOST*  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Logger works well, does everything I need *except* have a field for grid square and VXCC. Other than that I'm pretty pleased with it.

Does the connectivity with the Yeasu ft-847 just fine.

ON6AB Rating: 4/5 Sep 28, 2001 18:03 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding software  Time owned: months
I tried a lot of logging software, freeware as well as commercial. I must admit Logger is probably the most complete of them all.You get a very nice logging programm and on top of that outstanding digital communication software very cleverly linked to the log.
I agree though with VE7LFN about the person who wrote the soft.

DL5RMH Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2001 15:28 Send this review to a friend
Best logging software!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
It's free and really perfect! The best logging software I could find 4FREE! Try it!

K6XR Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2001 00:15 Send this review to a friend
it's great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Does all I need in a logging program. It works flawlessly with my ts-570dg and computer. Telnet work fine as well. I find it hard to agree with all the fault finders. this is a great piece of software free or not. I am anxiously awaiting the 32 bit logger!

VE8NX Rating: 2/5 Jul 24, 2001 22:29 Send this review to a friend
OK but rude  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Yeah its free and it works pretty well but I can do without the rudeness. Like someone else mentioned, there is a list to "help" with problems but heaven forbid you should ask a question! You will likely get "Look in the $#@! manual" or "its so obvious and idiot would see it". And if that is not enough of a turn off the error messages within the program are rude.

Actually, from the number of 'obvious' questions, you would think the author would one day catch on that his manual needs a rewrite.

I would have rated it higher but just because the author happened to be bending over to pull up his pants one day as the sun came up does not allow him to treat clients (freeware or not!) like fools.

use it if you wish but check the other reviews and find something as least as good and POLITE!!

K3NG Rating: 2/5 May 30, 2001 21:59 Send this review to a friend
You get what you pay for.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is a great program if you are a casual operator and don't have alot of money to spend. Certain functions are buggy and the interface breaks just about every visual design rule for Windows, but you get used to it. (If you're a professional software developer, bite a stick while using Logger)

The author's cohorts on the support list will bludgeon you if you suggest a new feature or if you don't pay hommage to the author. This rude behavior appears to be the norm. I shelled out the cash for DX4WIN and have been happy ever since.

So, use this program, accept its bugs, put on flak jacket if you ask for support, and save up your $$$ to buy another program.

W8PFT Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2001 16:27 Send this review to a friend
Great free program  Time owned: more than 12 months
Currently I am using ver 8.01 and I have been using Logger for two years working through various revisions. The transceiver is a Kenwood TS-870 and it performs flawlessly. I really performs two functions, one as a logger and the second as a digital mode operator interface. While I might suggest some changes, individually, together they perform well as an integrated package. Any technical problems that I have were answered in a day by Bob Furzer. Documentation does not exist, but the user interface is pretty intuitive and I have printed out the help files. The help files are pretty complete.

The programmable macro perform well for text entry as well as providing command controls to the TNC. TNC software writers don't always include all of the control functions that an individual operator might want and the command structure provides unlimited access to the TNC without resorting the command language.

Any limitation in the flexibility is minimal considering the price. I would rate it as a 4.5 plus another .5 for the fact that it is free.

DK2GZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2001 03:19 Send this review to a friend
Nice package  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use LOGGER in combination with the ZAKANAKA
RTTY und PSK interface now.
The PSK-Interface decode extremly well. also the
RTTY-engine MMTTY does a fantastic job.
The real plus of this combination is, that you
get your digital qso´s in realtime into the LOGGER
logging program.
Remember all the items are for free !!!!
Also the ADIF-import works nicely.
Imported about 15.000 qso´s form my old logging-software and some contests.

Thanks Bob for the nice program.

Harry, DK2GZ

G4UJS Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2001 18:27 Send this review to a friend
The Best!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've looked at the lot....liked this one the best!

So I use it and I'm very happy with it.

and the price is great....