Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | ADMS-2I Software by RT Systems for Yaesu FT-8800R Help

Reviews Summary for ADMS-2I Software by RT Systems for Yaesu FT-8800R
Reviews: 14 Average rating: 3.4/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: Programming software sold by HRO and others for programming the Yaesu FT-8800R
More info: http://www.rtsars.com

You can write your own review of the ADMS-2I Software by RT Systems for Yaesu FT-8800R.

WA4TIJ Rating: 4/5 Jun 26, 2013 15:42 Send this review to a friend
It works  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a new FT-8800R with ADMS-2I sfwr. The install on a Win7/64 went without a hitch and no problems with read/write to the radio.

The only niggle I have is with the documentation. The CD has generic Version 4 user instructions from 2009, while I found a 2012 204 page document from RT Systems 'FT-8800 Programmer Help' with a google search. The install CD has a date of 2013.

The other item that keeps it from a five, is when you program the Right/UHF frequencies.

I use Travel Plus. The initial creation of the Left/VHF frequencies was seamless and automatic. The programmer only seems to automatically write to the Left Memories tab. The fix is to just simply copy and paste all the cells from Travel Plus to the Right Memories tab.

I called RT Systems support and he confirms that is how the program works. BTW, the guy does have a nervous laugh. I did not find it at all insulting.....

KI6CXD Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2012 23:47 Send this review to a friend
Works on Windows 7  Time owned: more than 12 months
Forgot to mention I am running windows 7

don't know why it wont install on some computers, I would call and ask tech support for some help...very helpful people and eager to help.

KI6CXD Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2012 19:42 Send this review to a friend
Works Great!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a Yaesu 7800, 8800, 8900, FT-857 & a Kenwood th-f6a. I have the software & Cables (ver. 4, upgraded from ver 3) for each and they all talk to each other and copy to and from each radio flawlessly.
I have had conversations with RT Systems and they have answered many questions for me.
For those having problems with the software, give them a call and give them a chance to help. They are most willing to help and very polite.
Best investment for my radio equipment yet!!!

K9STU Rating: 1/5 Apr 12, 2011 22:30 Send this review to a friend
Will not install under Windows 7  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used the RT systmems sofware for a few years but now that I have Windows 7 It will not take my serial number and will not install.

N1ZHE Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2011 14:55 Send this review to a friend
Beats Programming The Radio Manually!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got this and my Yeasu FT-8800R yesterday. I have not had a chance to try any functions other than basic programming of the radio's memories.

My situation is unique that I run a Mac at home. Using Virtualbox from Oracle (free), I installed WinXP Home and then installed the ADMS-2I Software by RT Systems.

Very pleasantly surprised to find it works as advertised. This sure beats pushing buttons and spinning dials to program the radio!

N4CDB Rating: 4/5 Oct 20, 2006 06:00 Send this review to a friend
No problems yet  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was concerned when I bought this after reading the reviews, but I went ahead with the purchase just because it was cheaper than buying the cable and FTB8800 separately. I have to say that I haven't had any problems yet, though.

I will admit that I'm much more familiar with Excel so I tend to create a data file with that and then import it into RT. I do the same with my FT-60 software (also from RT) and it's worked very well with that radio. One thing I don't like about either RT package is the copy behavior. It seems to only work on the row level, not the cell level. I've had a couple of times where I wanted to copy a setting to another cell and ended up with a duplicate row because it copied the whole thing. Aside from this annoyance it's been fine.

I haven't tried things like sorting by alpha tags so I don't know if this is an issue. My usage at this point is admittedly limited, but I don't have any reason to complain for the time being.

KX7KXT Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2005 09:23 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the ADMS-2I software when I bought my FT-8800. I have had none of the problems that others have written about. I am extremely pleased with the way the program operates and its features. I have the program installed on my Dell laptop and an old gateway 2000 that I use in the Shack. The installation went without a hitch on both computers. There was no need to download a template as some have said because when the software starts each time an untitled file with one entry is loaded. I have set up a number of different frequencies for both the right and left radios, plus the hyper memory I have not experienced any difficulty uploading or downloading to the radio or sorting the frequencies. I think the software is great and would recommend it to anyone who has an FT-8800. The version of the software is the newest which was release in July 2005. I have no qualms giving the program a 5 rating.

N5TXN Rating: 2/5 Jun 6, 2005 11:45 Send this review to a friend
Don't try to sort  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I programmed in 118 channels into my FT-8800. Then I wanted to sort them by Alpha Tag. The option to do this exist. Upon trying three times using different parameters, the program just vanished each time. Finally I exported the file into a tab delimited file. Imported the tab delimited file into Excel, sort my records, save the Excel file as tab delimited and imported back into the radio. A 30 minute process for something the software proclaims it will do.

KC4UEB Rating: 0/5 Jun 6, 2005 11:17 Send this review to a friend
Just Terrible  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
For software you have to pay for, this is the worst junk I've ever used. Full of bugs, and the issue of having to first download even a blank configuration from your radio is the absolute dummest thing I've ever heard of.

I bought the software prior to having received the radio and proceeded to at least perform the programming ahead of time so I could just hook the radio up to the PC and program it up the day the radio arrived. But no sir, you ain't gonna do anything without first downloading a profile from the radio. Who ever heard of any hogwash like that? Why write software with the limitation of having to have a download from the radio BEFORE you can do anything the first time? Kenwoood doesn't do this. Icom doesn't. Heck, even the el-cheapo radio's that are PC programmable don't incorporate a bullcrap limitation like that in their software.

Yaesu loses out again by continuing to permit RT Systems to write and provide their programming software. RT Systems will continue to give Yaesu a bad name and a bad reputation by allowing them to do anything for them. And writing software that MUST have an original profile download from the target radio is the absolute dummest limitation anyone could have ever put in their software.

RT Systems is the LAST place you should buy your software from, and I'll never buy any of their limited, worthless software again no matter who sells it. Instead go with FTB8800. Real software without all the bugs, installation problems, and REAL support. Meanwhile RT's support consists of limited response (if you get any at all) by people who obviously don't know what they're talking about, and merely tell you what you want to hear in order to end the conversation.

Stay away from anything RT makes, period.

K9KJM Rating: 2/5 Jun 5, 2005 00:33 Send this review to a friend
Poor at best  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Well, I gave it a 2, "Needs help" anyhow, As it does do somethings OK........
This software does NOT allow you to program your FT 8800 to "skip" scan on memory channels......
After repeated emails back and forth with ADMS/RT Systems and getting bogus answers on how to make it work, I gave up.
It also is full of glitches that take some getting used to to make it work at all...... Like having to download your radio BEFORE you can upload any new info to it.......... etc etc.
The Yaesu FT8800 is a great radio. Too bad this software does not do it justice.