Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | ADMS-2I Software by RT Systems for Yaesu FT-8800R Help

Reviews Summary for ADMS-2I Software by RT Systems for Yaesu FT-8800R
Reviews: 14 Average rating: 3.4/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: Programming software sold by HRO and others for programming the Yaesu FT-8800R
More info: http://www.rtsars.com

You can write your own review of the ADMS-2I Software by RT Systems for Yaesu FT-8800R.

K5RWS Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2005 08:24 Send this review to a friend
Works great for me  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I just read the review about not getting the software to upload to the radio. The one step he didn't mention is the most critical. When you hook the cable to the radio you must FIRST download the current configuration from the radio to the computer, even if it has no programming, then close that download window and upload your program. If I didn't do that step first I got the same TIMEOUT ERROR message. It took me several tries to figure this out but once I got it it has worked without fail every time. Same story with the FT-60. That having been the only thing I needed to figure out the rest of my experience with this software has been excellent. Very powerful and I found the tech support from RT Systems to be great. I bought this software from them as soon as it came out.
Hope this helps.

NT9M Rating: 4/5 May 20, 2005 06:42 Send this review to a friend
Works for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
I don't begrudge WF6O's low rating because we've all had situations where we've wanted to put a S&W to the side of the computer and pull the trigger. Just went through a similar situation with AGWPE software that turned out to be a sound card problem.

Anyway I just wanted to chime in and say I've had the ADMS software for my FT8800 and encountered no problems whatsoever with the com setup or the software. Worked for me as expected. Maybe not as intuitive as I'd wish for, but this radio is probably the most complex mobile I've owned, and even though I've owned it for almost two years I still haven't mastered it. It was easier for me to understand my TS-2000 and the Kendwood MCP software than it was the 8800.

As with anything involving humans and computers, your milage may vary.

Tim
W9THD

K6LCS Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2005 09:56 Send this review to a friend
Does the Job!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Getting communications/serial port programs to work on some computers can be a hassle. I find if I perform my radio programming sessions AFTER going through and eliminating a lot of "Windows Startup" utilities and programs, that that makes my system "cleaner" and much less prone to comms errors.

With that said, I own and trust the software package from RT Systems for my FT-8800 (and MANY other radios, too). Like any reliable programming software offering, it allows not only the programming of frequency and alpha characters, but also intimate Menu items.

Their hours for voice support are posted on their Web site. My email inquiries get answered in a reasonable amount of time. Updates to the main program are posted on their Web site - making upgrading painless.

Clint Bradford, K6LCS

WF6O Rating: 0/5 May 18, 2005 20:13 Send this review to a friend
JUNK!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have 2, yes 2 FT-8800's - one in my truck and I just got another one for the home station. Great radios! However, the RT Systems software for programming this radio is pure, absolute JUNK! After 3 days of trying to get it to work on my first FT-8800, miracle of miracles, it worked! I did nothing different, it just choose that one particular instant to actually upload to the rig. So, the 2nd radio arrives and I plug the cable in and try to upload the SAME memory setup as the first radio... No Joy!!! It READS the radio just fine, but uploading is another story. I get a constant "COMMUNICATIONS TIMEOUT" error - every time. I read another product review of the RT Systems software for another radio and a guy had said "Most Communications Timeout errors are caused by a poor cable connection." Well, I was dumb enough to by TWO programs from RT Systems. One for my FT-7100's I used to own and the current model. So, I have TWO cables to play with... again, no joy!!! I downloaded the FTB8800 software and will write a review of that program when I use it. If you need a cable, the RT Systems cables are very nice. Don't buy the software, though!