Reviews Categories | Batteries & Chargers for amateur radios. | Prostar Batteries Inc Help

Reviews Summary for Prostar Batteries Inc
Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Company that provides after market HT batteries
More info: http://www.prostarbatteries.com

You can write your own review of the Prostar Batteries Inc.

WB0BBC Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2011 07:33 Send this review to a friend
Nice fit for Icom W32A  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a spare battery for an Icom IC-W32A at the Palm Beach County Florida hamfest. The sales staff was helpful and informative. The battery fits the radio well and performs as least as well as the Icom original for half the price.

If they had a battery to fit my new Kenwood TH-D72A I would purchase from them again.

N8TNJ Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2005 18:02 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Had my new battery pack for my HTX-202 within 3 days. Replied to my email questions very fast!! Not only good service great prices also.

K7BEN Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2005 08:24 Send this review to a friend
good deal.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
These are a great "bang for the buck" type batteries. Of course OE batteries are the best, but these are a good deal. I have a couple for the Motorola MTX 9000 and a pair for the Motorola Astro series.

NE0P Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2005 11:52 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have bought several batteries from this company for an Icom T81A off of ebay. Great price, and the batteries worked fine. No complaints here.

KC8UDJ Rating: 1/5 May 25, 2005 09:20 Send this review to a friend
Don't buy anything here!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This company does not know what they are doing. I own a Yaesu FT-60R, and bought an after market battery from them at the Dayton Hamvention. They didn't have a battery for the FT-60R, but they said that the VX-150 battery would fit it. I got back home, the battery worked great on the HT, but when I went to charge it on the wall wort, I got nothing. I left it on there for an entire day, and still got nothing. When I called the company to ask them what was wrong, the gentleman on the other end said, "Oh, you can't use the charger that came with the radio, you'll need to buy one of our drop in chargers for it to work with our batteries." I'm sorry, but if you're going to sell an after market battery, it should be FULLY compatible with the radio. I returned it and got my money back. I do not recommend going to these people.