Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Elecraft KAT2 internal autotuner for the K2 Transciever Help

Reviews Summary for Elecraft KAT2 internal autotuner for the K2 Transciever
Elecraft KAT2 internal autotuner for the K2 Transciever Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $159.00
Description: The KAT2 allows you to connect nearly any antenna directly to the K2 and use it on all bands (160-10 m). Two antenna jacks are provided--instantly A/B test both antennas on any signal using the ANT 1/2 switch. Uses all latching relays, so current drain is zero except when tuning.
More info: http://www.elecraft.com/Apps/kat_pics.htm

You can write your own review of the Elecraft KAT2 internal autotuner for the K2 Transciever.

AD6KA Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2013 05:48 Send this review to a friend
Indispensable  Time owned: more than 12 months
If you have have the QRP version of the K2,the factory ATU is absolutely indispensible. Forget the internal battery back and install the ATU. If you are out in the field and your "fancy schmanzy *Buddipole* or other POS antenna has been damaged or a critical part lost, the K2 ATU will find a match on 80m from a 25 foot chunk of wire thrown over a tree branch.

I know, I have done it, and other amazing matches with the K2 ATU.
It is a vertiabe "miracle" of engineering and
may very well save your sorry ass some day.

G0AYD Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2012 10:37 Send this review to a friend
fantastic kit  Time owned: more than 12 months
brilliant piece of equipment if it was in a grand prix for tuning antemmae it would have pole position every time.
ive had mine for 5 years now fantastic brilliant well done Elecraft.

W1XV Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2007 13:31 Send this review to a friend
Efficient work horse  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a "must have" option that a K2 owner should seriously consider. It draws virtually no current.
It matches anything that I have asked it do so. Most
internal automatic antenna tuners will handle small
mismatches. Where this jewel shines is its ability to
match antennas with high standing waves. I have an 80 feet loop in my attic that the KAT2 tunes on 80 through 10 meters with no sweat. If you haven't purchased this option for your K2, you don't know what you're missing.

PE2PE Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2006 12:48 Send this review to a friend
Great ATU !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my K2 in 2004, including the ATU.
Assembling was no problem. This tuner tunes just everything: fast - fully automatic and without any problem. An end feeded piece of wire is no problem too. Great work Elecraft !

Freek - PE2PE

KG0WX Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2005 17:14 Send this review to a friend
Easy to build - performs as good as an Elecraft should.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sold my LDG AT-100Pro to finance the purchase of a KAT2. I was told they are basically the same. I just wanted an internal tuner for practicality.

What I wasn't prepared for was how well it performed! The LDG tuner complained on some of my more "challenging" tunes. Sometimes I'd need to unplug it to reset it's confused CPU. I eventually installed a NorCls lever switch in the power cable so I could reset the tuner.

NONE of this happens with the KAT2. True, I'm only putting out 16w now but it tunes quicker, better and quieter than the LDG product.

Assembly was a breeze - Elecraft uses a brand of enameled wire that strips very easily. I had the
tuner assembled, tested & running in an evening.

I've owned a Z-11, Z-100 & a AT-100Pro and this little tuner blows them right out of the water. And THAT is saying something because the LDG tuners are no junk, for sure.

Ken KG0WX - K2 #4913