Reviews Categories | Microphones | Kenwood MC-50 Microphone Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood MC-50 Microphone
Kenwood MC-50 Microphone Reviews: 15 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $120.00
Description: Kenwood MC-50 Desk Microphone

You can write your own review of the Kenwood MC-50 Microphone.

NT9M Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2006 03:46 Send this review to a friend
It's a winner  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The reputation for great Kenwood audio is no myth. I mated an MC-50 to a TS-600 operating on 6 meters and I've regularly received unsolicited compliments on the quality of my audio. They usually go something like this, "...best sounding audio I've heard...". An A/B comparison to a Kenwood hand mic showed a definite improvement in transmitted audio using the MC-50. I picked up my MC-50, which was in great condition, at a swapmeet. They can regularly be found for about $50.00 here in the midwest.

K2NCC Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2006 15:15 Send this review to a friend
Solid as a rock  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had this workhorse for over a year, and in spite of it's age and wear, still sounds great. Enough parts around to fix it and still less than 50 bucks just about anywhere. Good mic for old rigs, but can be modified. If you find one cheap enuff, get it.

VK4JAM Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2005 15:59 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Mike  Time owned: more than 12 months
The MC-50 Microphone has been my primary microphone for over 25 years. I bought it second hand and have used it on several radios (Kenwood and Yaesu). It is currently used on with a Yaesu FT-757 GXII with excellent audio reports being recieved. I also have a Yaesu MD-1, but the I'm told the audio from the MC-50 is far superior.

WO8USA Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2005 16:46 Send this review to a friend
Great mic for TS520  Time owned: more than 12 months
I owned a MC-50 for years. It was a great match to the Kenwood TS-520 series and others as well.

VK2HSV Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2005 03:08 Send this review to a friend
Classic Desk Microphone  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought my MC-50 Microphone, from a deceased estate, and could not fault it in any way. I mainly bought it to go with my TS-520S and have found it to really boost the audio as well as give it that little bit better clarity from the mobile microphone that came with the radio.

Highly recommend one.