Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Comet C767 Dual Band Mobile (2m & 70cm) Help

Reviews Summary for Comet C767 Dual Band Mobile (2m & 70cm)
Comet C767 Dual Band Mobile (2m & 70cm) Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $64.95
Description: The Comet C767 dual band is a 2 meter and 440 MHz mobile antenna. It is a 1/2 wave center load on 2 meters providing 3.5 dBi gain and a 5/8 x 2 wave center load on 446 MHz providing 6 dBi gain. VSWR 1.5 : 1 or less. This antenna can handle up to 80 watts and has an above average degree of flexibility. It has a dark black chrome appearance.

This antenna is 40 inches high. The connector type is UHF (for SO239/PO mount).

Dualband
Max Power: 80 watts
Length: 40 inches
Connector:
PL-259 or NMO Style

More info: http://file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/jbardos/Application%20Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/r0vsxx4o.default/ScrapBook/data/20050530174719/index.html

You can write your own review of the Comet C767 Dual Band Mobile (2m & 70cm).

KD4AT Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2006 06:18 Send this review to a friend
solid performer  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had a 767 on top of my jeep for about a year now. I compared it against a true 5/8 for receive and can't really tell the difference. I have beaten my 767 against all manner of trees, signs, parking garages, and the occasional bank and it shows no signs of wear. The fold over is great for those places where you just can't fit, also. I look forward to long service from this solid antenna.

KO1D Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2006 19:23 Send this review to a friend
Solid antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've no complaints about the antenna. It is very easy to maintain and has kept in tune for almost 2 years now. I have hit every possible beam and metal object in the parking garages at work. I have numerous branches and obstructions and it only required a wipe down from the dead bugs and highway debris. The construction quality if very high. The metal housing the PL-259 is a great innovation. I highly recommend this product especially for those who are rough on their gear.

KI6AKP Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2005 22:10 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is my first amateur antenna but I do have 10 years commercial radio experience. I bought it with my FT-7800R as soon as I got my ticket along with the RS-730 mount. All was installed in my Jeep Wrangler with the antenna mounted on the after-market tire carrier at about 8" below the soft-top roof line. Then had the SWR check by the radio tech that installs all the commercial radios at work, 2m was 1.2:1 and 70cm was 1.1:1 without any tuning. I was able to hit several 2m repeaters about 60 miles away without any problems and had great reception back from them. The signal report for my setup have been much better then my buddy's with the exact same setup except for the fact that he's using a SSB-5NMO so I believe the little extra money I spent was worth it. The Jeep is used strictly for off road driving and I've smacked the antenna something fierce over the last few months without any problems. It is quite a bit more flexible then the SSB-5 so it swings around a lot more but that hasn't caused any problems. The whole rig has far exceded any of the commercial 2m radios I've every used. I'd buy another if I ever need one!!

N8SEX Rating: 4/5 May 30, 2005 14:57 Send this review to a friend
Good Receiver  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works well on simplex. Plug and Play for SWR in my case on both 2m and 70cm. Is a little tall but its color makes it low profile.