Reviews Categories | Voice Keyers | KD4UDY UDY-2 Voice Keyer Help

Reviews Summary for KD4UDY UDY-2 Voice Keyer
KD4UDY   UDY-2 Voice Keyer Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $19.45
Description: The UDY-2 Voice Keyer digital voice keyer amateur radio software utility integrates many popular voice keyer features in one convenient easy to use program. Whether you're working a contest as multi op, single op, running a net, or just plain rag chewing the UDY-2 Voice Keyer has something to make hamming more fun and convenient for you.

More info: http://www.kd4udy.com/UDY-2VoiceKeyer/

You can write your own review of the KD4UDY UDY-2 Voice Keyer.

KE4EX Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2007 21:06 Send this review to a friend
GREAT TOY  Time owned: more than 12 months
I run my station off a lap top.
This recorder, along with my digitai clock keeps me in tune.

Really great thanks for the info Tom, k2ese...

G3LIV Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2006 03:18 Send this review to a friend
Well worth the money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I first came across this software while I was helping Alan M0TEC to get one of my interfaces up and running using it. ( www.g3liv.co.uk )
My only minor problem was in understanding the Trial period rules.
Dave KD4UDY has agreed to make these more obvious in new paperwork.
The software works very well indeed.
There are lots of facilities but they are well covered in the instructions supplied.
Emails to Dave were promptly replied to and questions answered fully.
I have now also registered a full version.
I can fully recommend this software.
de Johnny G3LIV.

M0TEC Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2006 07:22 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product! Unbelievable price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have recently purchsed the UDY-2 voice keyer, and have to say that I am very impressed and pleased with it.

After trying a few voice keyers this is the one I have settled with.

The functionality of the software is amazing. There are a few free voice keyers programs out there but none of them seem as good as this one.

At just under $20 this software is very good value for money.

Alan - M0TEC

K2ESE Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2005 23:36 Send this review to a friend
This is a keeper !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased the KD4UDY UDY-2 Voice Keyer software and found it to be a lot of fun to use. My shack has several rigs and Rigblasters connected to my dedicated station PC which has 4 serial ports and 6 USB/serial ports to control almost everything. In this complex arrangement I am still able to control all the serial and USB devices flawlessly using Dave’s latest version of his Voice Keyer.
It is apparent to me that Dave (KD4UDY) has put a serious effort designing and programming this software in order to get it right and he has really done a terrific job.
Among some of the many features it offers, the program has auto port detection for ease in setup (very useful when switching between Rigblasters and rigs), a really simple to use on-the-air recording and playback interface and an MP3 importer for relaying and transmitting bulletins and other prerecorded messages. It will even save your on-the-air recordings to a file with date and time stamps for e-mailing or archiving.
The user interface looks a lot like the Yaesu DVS-2 voice keyer, but Dave has added a few neat features so that it will perform comfortably with the PC. He has incorporated a tool bar that will minimize vertically or horizontally along any edge of your desktop and will stay-on-top when using other programs. He also has included two clickable expanded views for controlling the recording and contesting features. All four views include a digital ID count down timer which will transmit you prerecorded ID message every ten minutes (if you chose to use it).

Bottom line: This one is a keeper and real pleasure to use! I highly recommend it to those who want add that final touch of automation their station!