Reviews Categories | Microphones | ICOM SM-8 Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM SM-8
ICOM SM-8 Reviews: 26 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $159.95
Description: Electrit Desk Mic
More info: http://www.icomamerica.com

You can write your own review of the ICOM SM-8.

MM3PTS Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2013 02:42 Send this review to a friend
Great audio  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi guys

I'm using my SM-8 on my IC-7100 and IC-7200 and receive great audio reports over the stock mics .It feels solid and it's certainly built to last .I like the fact that you can run two radios of it unlike the SM-20 ,30 and 50 .Icom should think a bit more when designing new accessories .Keep up the good work Icom .

Would I reccomend the SM-8 ,without a doubt yes .

YV3EDO Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2012 04:08 Send this review to a friend
2nd review two thumbs up!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My SM-8 still perform flawlessly since 1999.
It's attached to my IC-740 and TS-450S (must rewire 8 pin connector)
I always get great audio reports.

GM1FLQ Rating: 4/5 Apr 7, 2009 12:00 Send this review to a friend
One of Icoms better items  Time owned: more than 12 months
Better built than a lot of more recent Icom gear. Performance is good also, it transformed the weak dull audio on my IC718 to a different higher level - it would drive the rig properly and with ease - unlike the std mic. which required the processor to lift it a bit.
Had it for many years now and would find it hard to find a better option for the money. You can have 2 outputs to switch between 2 rigs and unlike some other mics the PTT bar does not give you a sore finger pressing it.

PD5L Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2008 11:52 Send this review to a friend
The best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own my SM 8 for over 4 years now and use it on both my IC765 and IC736 and allways get great reports on the modulation. I use the one with both cords, so just one mic on the desk.
the best mic so far, beats the heil.

A keeper.

73'PD5L

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2008 10:39 Send this review to a friend
SWEET MICROPHONE  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had 2 of these over the years & LOVE the audio it gives.Worked GREAT on the rigs I used it with:IC-275H,IC-746,IC-746 PRO,& IC-756 PROII.I prefer a boom mike for my main rig so I decided on a HEIL PR-20 on an overhead boom & sold my SM-8 with both cords.ICOM did NOT make this mike very long because it was cutting into their microphone sales I'm sure because of it's ability to operated TWO rigs with just one mike feature.NEVER got a bad audio report & I can NOT tell the difference in the sound of the SM-8 from the SM-20.I kept the SM-20 as a backup just in case I should need it.Getting VERY hard to find one with both cords in good condition & someone who wishes too part with it.If you own two ICOM rigs & want a desk mike for both the ICOM SM-8 desk mike with both cords is a GREAT choice & of course it works GREAT if you own just ONE ICOM rig as well! }:>)

VE4MM Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2008 17:17 Send this review to a friend
GREAT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my SM8 since 1986 and it is the best mic ICOM has ever made.

Mike, VE4MM

VR2AX Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2008 08:44 Send this review to a friend
Best Mic I Have Owned  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought my first SM-8 in 1989 and used with my IC-765. Sold the mic together with the radio a few years later. Subsequently I have bought a relatively newish SM-8 complete with the two leads. I use it occasionally as I do not wish to wear it out. I use my Heil ICM for donkey work as that is replacable.

N2RRA Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2007 21:45 Send this review to a friend
You get what you pay for!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'll say nothing less than what all the other user's would say.

I love this mic.!
It's awesome!

I've owned quite a few of various mic's, and still own 3 of the imfamous Heil mic's. Yes! I know different class of mic., but get best results with my SM-8 in conjuction with W2IHY. Yet! Still beats all other mic's without W2IHY maybe untill you start getting into the PR-20 and up class.

All I have to say is I own (2) SM-8's.

Enough said!
73!

KC2FTN Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2007 21:17 Send this review to a friend
Two Thumbs Up !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use it to toggle between my 706MKIIG and my 736 with nothing but excellent comments/results.

Mike KC2FTN
www.hamwave.com

K3ROJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2007 17:43 Send this review to a friend
756PRO and 910H  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought on E-BAY for $140 since I read good reports here on E-HAM about it. Well it is the best microphoe I have ever owned and control my 756PRO and 910H with it. I previously used an SM20 for the 756PRO and the hand mic with the 910H. Everyone has nothing but good reports on both HF and on VHF/UHF/1296. The convenience of having one mic for two rigs and good audio was well worth the $140.