Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | RADIOWAVZ G5RV COLINEAR ANTENNA Help

Reviews Summary for RADIOWAVZ G5RV COLINEAR ANTENNA
RADIOWAVZ G5RV COLINEAR ANTENNA Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $$45
Description: The G5RV Colinear is a great answer to the original. This antenna is fundamentally a collinear antenna. By its design it has three pathways in phase components on 20 m. With a 20 m matching transformer. It looks like a G5RV but it performs like a collinear antenna on 20 m. While still functioning quite well on the 80-40-20-10 m bands. One of its greatest redeeming qualities is you can expect a three to six DB gain over a standard dipole. Plus an elongated six lobe pattern. This pattern is similar to a three elements collinear array. It is built to be durable and handle even the most inclement and hostile environments.
More info: http://www.radiowavz.com/html/g5rv.htm

You can write your own review of the RADIOWAVZ G5RV COLINEAR ANTENNA.

KI4MIU Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2006 19:48 Send this review to a friend
2 hours of works pays off on the 2ed qso  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well as the title says I spent 2 hours putting up this antenna. When I was playing on my kenwood 570D I was able to recive a 5/9 from va3zc. not much but good for me

AC0AX Rating: 3/5 Jan 20, 2006 15:49 Send this review to a friend
its an ok antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had this antenna up for over a month and its ok, nothing more then a G5RV really. I had to add about 6 inches to both sides to get to resonate on 20m as it should've to start with. Constuction wise its well made but still looks like a homebrew antenna (just better looking then most). I would say buy it if you can get a good deal on one but no-way at the normal asking price.

I would've giving it a 3.5 if possible.

KB0VRN Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2005 10:56 Send this review to a friend
Well constructed  Time owned: more than 12 months
My first QSO with this antenna was G4HOL in England. It did a fantastic job, and I was able to work all continents except Australia. The antenna snapped in half during a windstorm. I am currently on the air with a home brew G5RV. I am going to buy a Carolina Windom from Radiowavz in a couple of weeks.

I am extremely satisfied with the product and the service. Would recommend this antenna to anyone.