Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Tram 1411 Broad Band Discone Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Tram 1411 Broad Band Discone Antenna
Tram 1411 Broad Band Discone Antenna Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $39.99
Description: Transmit bands 26-27-46-49-72-144-220-440-900-1290 MHz Max power 300 watts CB/200 watts VHF-UHF 6 lower radials 32" 2 lower radials 48"-52" adjustable 8 upper radials 10 1/2" Top whip length 55"
More info: http://www.cqantenna.com/tram.htm

You can write your own review of the Tram 1411 Broad Band Discone Antenna.

WD5CCW Rating: 4/5 Dec 25, 2008 15:49 Send this review to a friend
replacement antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I gave it a 4 because it was 2-s units lower than the mfj discone this one replaced. Now as far as ruggedness, it is a better antenna. Haven't tried out the other bands yet.

AE7V Rating: 1/5 Jul 18, 2007 18:58 Send this review to a friend
Not what I expected  Time owned: more than 12 months
Well I bought this antenna about a year ago. It goes together easily. However, while the antenna is resonant on 2 meters and 70 cm I have not checked it on 220 or 1.2 GHz. I've used it on 1.2 but just to see if I could hear and talk to a neighbor about a mile away. The antenna will also tune on 10 meters, but forget about six. I e-mailed the gentleman that I bought it from for some assistance since it came with no directions on assembly or use. He did e-mail them to me, but he had no time to help me with the 6 meter issue. I've tried repeatedly trying to adjust the tuning slugs for both ten and six with no luck. I've also discovered that the antenna itself is very deaf on 2 meters. Comparing it to a 2 meter ground plane with the same radio and repeater about 80 miles away I get 7 s-units receive on the ground plane and not even 1 s-unit with the Tram. I do not trust the antenna and I am disappointed in the claims of what the antenna is supposed to do compared to what it does. Also, poor customer support.

KC8BNR Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2005 11:56 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recieved the antenna and after 30 minutes it was up and running.
I was planning on using for Scanner, 10Meters, 144MHZ, 220MHZ, and 440MHZ. So far it tuned up on 10 meters and 2 meters with no adjustment, have to wait to try 220 and 440 but should be no problem.
Construction is as described and made well.
This will be a nice general use antenna in the shack and am glad i purchased.
Thanks and 73's