Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | NOVEXCOMM RACKMOUNTS Help

Reviews Summary for NOVEXCOMM RACKMOUNTS
Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $varies with product
Description: Finally a source that provides high quality racks & hardware to rackmount both vintage and modern transceivers in 19" EIA racks.
More info: http://www.NovexComm.com

You can write your own review of the NOVEXCOMM RACKMOUNTS.

WA5YXS Rating: 1/5 Aug 23, 2016 19:53 Send this review to a friend
Apparently the service level and quality are floundering   Time owned: months
I purchased three racks last week and they came in today. One for an Icom 7200 plus the external speaker, a dual Yaesu FT-7900 mount, and a custom mount with one side for a Motorola XPR-5550 and the other side for an LDG AT-200proII. First, the 7900 faceplate was marked up along two edges. It was packed in bubble wrap, so the damage happened prior to packing. Quality control should have caught it. Next, the LDG cutout was too small and the unit wouldn't fit. I notified Bob at Novexcomm and the final answer was this:

"RATZ….this tells us that LDG strikes again. Here is a cut and paste from their website specs at this link: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/c/252/products/17/3/2

Enclosure: 9.5D x 7.1W x 2.0H inches

Clearly they don’t know their own product so we go by what YOU have vs. what they think they made…

Choices of course are either file it at your house (yeech but it works for small adjustments)  or send it back and we will mill out whatever amount you want; but since we have never seen one we go by what they (and you) tell us to do.

NEVER a good scenario…but we have learned in the past that they may not own a ruler.  We will have to update our files to include yet another bogus factory spec. Don’t trust those guys!"

So, they have never actually taken measurements, which makes it very hard to engineer anything that requires close tolerances. Now, I have to file the hole out and it will look shoddy, or pay even more than the $500 I already paid (with a power supply) to send it back because the measurements were never made on an actual unit. I know everyone else seems happy with their units, but the quality and customer service were obviously not important on the order I placed.

N5WJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2016 10:11 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this company for many Years.. First With Richard and now with Jeff... They make quality Racks to spec and as a Rack Mount User they are the best of the Best... When I get a new Radio I call them and order the Specific Rack for the Radio.. They are always very precise with the Racks and they look Great.. You can't go wrong with these guys...

Frank.. N5WJ

W5DMT Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2016 20:17 Send this review to a friend
Love dealing with these guys!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have now bought mounts for my Kenwood TS-590SG, a Kenwood TM-D710GA, an MFJ 989D and a Yaesu FT-736R.

While there where minor issues, their customer service more than made up for it. (It's hard to get everything perfect, every time, especially on custom jobs.) However, with Bob's help, I was indeed able to make every single one of them work, in the way I wanted the end result to look.

I will be the first to admit, this is not a cheap solution, and it will always require you to do a little bit of work, to mount the radios in the tray and attach the faces, but it sure is worth it. I'll be posting photos of my new shack build on my QRZ Page next week.

KC1UA Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2015 06:39 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
Novexcomm is another top-notch company that deserves an excellent review. I have purchased several mounts for receivers over the years to include double DIN mounts and most recently a mount for an Icom IC-R7100 receiver that includes a built-in speaker. This has made for an extremely neat, functional, and attractive installation in a 19" rack.

Bob is very responsive to questions, products are shipped fast and are of consistently high quality. This company is a pleasure to do business with and I look forward to future purchases as I have a few "custom" situations that need to be addressed to finish up racking everything.

KD7CAO Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2012 14:49 Send this review to a friend
Excellent for Part 90 too  Time owned: more than 12 months
Over the past couple years the agency I work for has purchased 20 dual radio rack mounts that fit the Motorola XTL and APX series of dash mount radios. The work performed is outstanding. If you are involved in building an Emergency Operations Center or Mobile Command Post I highly recommend you purchase racks from NOVEXCOMM you will not be disappointed.

In fact my next project will be to clean up our HF gear and reduce clutter, hope to order more at that time.

WX1CT Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2008 22:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased two rack shelves from Dick about 3 years ago, one for my Icom Pro II and one for my FT-847. I am finally getting around to putting a front panel on my FT-847 and had several questions for Dick which he quickly answered for me. If you have a rack or are thinking of getting one, I highly recommend what Dick has to offer.

N6PSE Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2007 17:10 Send this review to a friend
Great Product! & Great Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought enclosures to rack mount my FT1000MP, FT-847, IC-910H and IC-970A.

Quality of parts was superior, everything was well packed and fit well.

First class outfit! Will not hesitate to deal with them again.

Paul N6PSE

K5HSV Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2006 13:50 Send this review to a friend
One Word Discription: AWESOME !!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Rack is Back in big way with NOVEXCOMM Rack mounts. Dick - K4EIH, produces outstanding
quality products. Beautiful black powder coating paint and a face plate that looks to be laser cut. Mounting my TS-2000 was a snap. I opted for the RM2000s (speaker front mounted). Payment via PayPal was a snap. As for service, Dick is top-notch, spent a lot of time helping me through my decision to make a custom mount for my amp. You can't go wrong here if rack mounting is what you want to do. I'll be using Novexcomm for all my specialized rack mounting needs.

TNX / 73s,
Paul

W6LBV Rating: 5/5 Aug 23, 2006 08:38 Send this review to a friend
A perfect mounting system  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've just purchased and installed an RM7000 kit from Novexcomm to "rack up" an ICOM R8500 into a receivers-only table-top rack at my station.

The quality of the kit parts is entirely first-rate, and the appearance and solid stability of the racked radio is outstanding.

The system for achievement of mechanical stability for the racked radio is not obvious from the Web page. After the feet and wire bail are removed from the radio, it bolts down to a "ICOM universal" pre-drilled heavy steel rack tray (all necessary fasteners are furnished with the kit). Then the assembly is mounted directly into the rack, using counter-sunk head machine screws through counter sunk holes in the ears of the tray. Only after the radio and tray assembly is securely mounted is the separate, precision cut, flat black aluminum front panel mounted into the rack over the ears and around the slightly protruding radio bezel, using another set of screws through separate holes in the ears. The result is a fully professional and mechanically rigid installation. The "fit" of the radio's bezel through the opening in the rack panel is perfect.

Based upon my experience with the assembly and mounting process (which should take less than a half hour), I've made a few suggestions to Novexcomm for improvement of the installation instructions furnished with the kit.

Living in the same city as Dick, K4EIH, owner of Novexcomm, I had the opportunity to pick up my kit directly from him and to save shipping costs. Dick is a very knowledgeable guy with an appreciable background in radio communications and he is a real gentleman. And his products are excellent.

NC3Z Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2006 14:58 Send this review to a friend
Really nice product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought a pair for the Icom 756PRO series, as well as a 4 speaker panel and a blank 4U for future use. These are all well made and look very nice. will add some pictures later.