Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | NOVEXCOMM RACKMOUNTS Help

Reviews Summary for NOVEXCOMM RACKMOUNTS
Reviews: 9 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $varies with product
Description: Finally a source that provides high quality racks & hardware to rackmount both vintage and modern transceivers in 19" EIA racks.
More info: http://www.NovexComm.com

You can write your own review of the NOVEXCOMM RACKMOUNTS.

KD7CAO Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2012 14:49 Send this review to a friend
Excellent for Part 90 too  Time owned: more than 12 months
Over the past couple years the agency I work for has purchased 20 dual radio rack mounts that fit the Motorola XTL and APX series of dash mount radios. The work performed is outstanding. If you are involved in building an Emergency Operations Center or Mobile Command Post I highly recommend you purchase racks from NOVEXCOMM you will not be disappointed.

In fact my next project will be to clean up our HF gear and reduce clutter, hope to order more at that time.

WX1CT Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2008 22:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased two rack shelves from Dick about 3 years ago, one for my Icom Pro II and one for my FT-847. I am finally getting around to putting a front panel on my FT-847 and had several questions for Dick which he quickly answered for me. If you have a rack or are thinking of getting one, I highly recommend what Dick has to offer.

N6PSE Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2007 17:10 Send this review to a friend
Great Product! & Great Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought enclosures to rack mount my FT1000MP, FT-847, IC-910H and IC-970A.

Quality of parts was superior, everything was well packed and fit well.

First class outfit! Will not hesitate to deal with them again.

Paul N6PSE

K5HSV Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2006 13:50 Send this review to a friend
One Word Discription: AWESOME !!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Rack is Back in big way with NOVEXCOMM Rack mounts. Dick - K4EIH, produces outstanding
quality products. Beautiful black powder coating paint and a face plate that looks to be laser cut. Mounting my TS-2000 was a snap. I opted for the RM2000s (speaker front mounted). Payment via PayPal was a snap. As for service, Dick is top-notch, spent a lot of time helping me through my decision to make a custom mount for my amp. You can't go wrong here if rack mounting is what you want to do. I'll be using Novexcomm for all my specialized rack mounting needs.

TNX / 73s,
Paul

W6LBV Rating: 5/5 Aug 23, 2006 08:38 Send this review to a friend
A perfect mounting system  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've just purchased and installed an RM7000 kit from Novexcomm to "rack up" an ICOM R8500 into a receivers-only table-top rack at my station.

The quality of the kit parts is entirely first-rate, and the appearance and solid stability of the racked radio is outstanding.

The system for achievement of mechanical stability for the racked radio is not obvious from the Web page. After the feet and wire bail are removed from the radio, it bolts down to a "ICOM universal" pre-drilled heavy steel rack tray (all necessary fasteners are furnished with the kit). Then the assembly is mounted directly into the rack, using counter-sunk head machine screws through counter sunk holes in the ears of the tray. Only after the radio and tray assembly is securely mounted is the separate, precision cut, flat black aluminum front panel mounted into the rack over the ears and around the slightly protruding radio bezel, using another set of screws through separate holes in the ears. The result is a fully professional and mechanically rigid installation. The "fit" of the radio's bezel through the opening in the rack panel is perfect.

Based upon my experience with the assembly and mounting process (which should take less than a half hour), I've made a few suggestions to Novexcomm for improvement of the installation instructions furnished with the kit.

Living in the same city as Dick, K4EIH, owner of Novexcomm, I had the opportunity to pick up my kit directly from him and to save shipping costs. Dick is a very knowledgeable guy with an appreciable background in radio communications and he is a real gentleman. And his products are excellent.

NC3Z Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2006 14:58 Send this review to a friend
Really nice product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought a pair for the Icom 756PRO series, as well as a 4 speaker panel and a blank 4U for future use. These are all well made and look very nice. will add some pictures later.

K4KKJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2006 02:35 Send this review to a friend
Top Shelf !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased two new rigs for the radio room. I bought a Kenwood TS570-D, and a Icom IC-718. I ordered rack enclosures for the rigs from Novex and am very impressed with their units. The radios fit perfectly into the enclosures which are made of heavy gauge steel and seem to be laser cut. Their products are simply TOP Shelf ! Now all of my gear is rack mounted in a 7 ft rack and looks first class.

73's
AA4FH
Fred

W3OZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2005 20:32 Send this review to a friend
Looks and works great  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I ordered a rack and shelf for my Icom Pro III, 2 speakers, and a blank panel and shelf so I could cut it and put my Kenwood TS-850 and DSP-100 in it. Everything was done very professionally and easy to install in a standard 19 inch relay rack. Look at my shack pictures on my page at www.w3oz.com and see how nice it looks and it works just as great as it looks.

WB6MYL Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2005 16:50 Send this review to a friend
Finally, a rack mount source  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
One of the reasons I like vintage gear (boat anchors, if you will) is that many have the advantage of being able to rack mount the equipment in a nice 19" EIA rack; such equipment (1)looks so impressive in a rack,(2) provides ease of service and accessability, (3) hides wires and cables, and (4) keeps whatever I have of value from "walking away by itself"; Icom did have "rack mountability" in some of its older gear but nothing with the smaller "pro series" line. Yaesu and Kenwood never provided such flexability for any of their gear (except repeaters);
Enter NOVEXCOMM: I saw an ad in World Radio Magazine showing racks available for many common modern radios. I ordered a rack for the Icom 746Pro and I received a very professional heavy duty rack that was painted that same oem icom paint; boy it looks great in the rack and it is perfect viewing height without taking up any desk space. Dick sells racks for most modern rigs and even Collins S/line equipment; I asked about a rack mount for my trusty DRAKE TR-7 and Dick made me one that fits perfectly; now the DRAKE sits just above the 746Pro; they both look great in one of my racks over my R-390 receiver but under the HARRIS 590 receiver. Take a look at the photo gallery that several fellow hams have posted on his website. There is something about rack-mounted equipment and Dick fulfills a great need as such. Highly-recommended and a great guy to do business with; Regards, Phil.